TechSpot

3DMark 11 tech demo released, third quarter launch expected

By Matthew
May 24, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. With both major GPU camps now shipping DirectX 11 products, Futuremark Studios is preparing to roll out a new version of 3DMark with support for the latest standard. To build up some hype for the launch, the company has just released a "Deep Sea" video tech preview of MSI-branded submarines exploring the depths of dark waters.

Read the whole story

2. Titanic, anyone?

3. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,867   +696

Certainly looks better than the undersea film from the Gulf of Mexico...maybe BP should ask MSI for a loan of the submersibles!

4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,349   +398

That is one hella impressive video...

5. My computer is struggling to run the video at steady frame rate let around render it real time.

6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

someone's video card is going to explode.

7. When you say "3DMark 11 tech demo released", you expect a downloadable demo that you can run, not a movie posted on YouTube...

8. Puiu

Puiu TS Addict Posts: 1,065   +99

@Guest: It's a "tech demo", not a demo of the program. There's a big difference between the two.

9. Wow, that's amazing. A curly wall and some rust. I'm impressed. /end sarcasm

In other news, an entire generation of young overclockers will now have to upgrade their video cards again to triple GTX 480 SLI, just to run this benchmark smoothly, since it's all they do anyway. Really, Nvidia and ATI should be kissing Futuremark's feet for constantly driving up their sales.

*suit on

10. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,498   +306

OK, i am now looking forward to a game engine that actually uses DX11! That looks fantastic! and if early rumors are to be true, Nvidia might be the way to go! (please note i'm not an nvidia fan, please do not slaughter me like one) :p

11. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,867   +696

I presume you mean a ground up DX11 game (i.e. designed primarily for DX11/tesselation ), which would make Primal Carnage based on Unigen (Heaven benchmark engine) probably the first title released.

12. Puiu

Puiu TS Addict Posts: 1,065   +99

What about Alien Vs Predator? Isn't it built for DX11, with better performance in DX11 mode than in DX9?

13. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,498   +306

I mean a game engine that is built from the ground up primarily based around the DX11 API.

Look at the lighting and textures in that video! thats insane!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.