TechSpot

5.1 speakers and Logitech x-530

By booboo7
Jan 9, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5.1 speakers and Logitech x-530 PLEASE HELP!

heya,

i have a set of surround sound logitech x-530 speakers and as i had a intergrated sound card i bought a sound blaster live 24-bit 7.1 channel sound card.

my problem is that only my two front speakers work! For example it is just doing what it used to do when i had my old intergrated sound card.

as my sound card didnt come with drivers i downloaded them off the creative website seeing as that was my only choice but still i had no succese. I have the option under control panel > adio devices set to 5.1 but still i have no succes.

if sumone could help me out that would be the best thin in the world as my parents are pretty pissed of that they are not working =[

2. booboo7

booboo7 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 23

any help from anyone?

3. hewybo

hewybo TS Maniac Posts: 570

try this

I know you've been to creative's site, but I suggest you try it again. They have a system scan of sorts (you may have to approve Directx* install for the scan).
    This is a common problem with SoundBlasters, in my experience, but the scan will recommend the downloads you need. Even after that, I have found that three or so re-boots later, you may have to re-download and install them.

Creative is very picky with their downloads, so- when installing, be sure to re-start after each driver. DO NOT skip the re-start til all are installed. They will not function properly, so re-boot each time you get the option.

Also-(I'm assuming Windows XP), be sure that the proper functions are checked in the "sounds and audio devices" of the control panel. >>sounds and audio devices>audio>advanced>5.1 surround sound speakers.

These steps should do it. Post back either way, and let me know we'll find it- and please your parents! :D
    * should say ActiveX

4. booboo7

booboo7 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 23

finally!

thank you for an answer lol! i have been on the creative website but i cnt seem to find a scanner. if you could link this to me thnx =]

i have downloaded the drivers before by using the normal process of just picking the card and then it finds a driver for u but when i download them it seems to bring 1 only. from what i gather there should be more than 1 thing 2 install ?

5. hewybo

hewybo TS Maniac Posts: 570

6. seanp789

seanp789 TS Enthusiast Posts: 113

Are you using digital out? digital out will only produce 2.0 sound except from DVDs.
    If not, do you have 3 analogs connected?

Are you using 5.1 material? By default music will only play in 2 channels although it can be set to use more my most sound cards. You old sound card may have been set to expand 2 channel audio to all of your speakers.

**** this guy had the same problem you did and was able to fix using the CMSS console to expand sound to all channels. It goes into more detail from wha i jsut described. http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic41198.html

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.