2/5 of Logitech speakers working :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post, so bear with me...

I have the soundblaster 24 live running with logitech 5.1 x530 speakers. I moved my desk today, and after hooking everything back up, found that only my two front speakers are working. double checked making sure everything was plugged in snuggly and into the correct spots. attempted to do some trouble shooting with both soundblaster and logitech. based on what little i could find, i <think> the SB is the culprit. the 5.1 has a plug for the fronts, for the rears, and the center&sub. i unhooked each one at a time and plugged it into my mp3 player, thinking maybe they were the problem. each pair worked as it should. i am hoping there is a patch or download someone knows of that will remedy this problem. any help?

thanks
chris

ps: my brother has the same SB and logitech speakers...apparently his are doing the same thing. i did the check with the mp3 player, as i did on mine, to rule out problems with the speakers; his all worked too

might help

I don't know if it's the same problem, since I have the Audigy 2ZS, but about every third time I reboot my machine, I have to re-download a driver "update" from Creative's site. It enables their "CMSS" capability so all 5 speakers will play in "virtual surround."

Other than that, just be sure that you're set up for 5.1 in the "sounds and audio" area from control panel. I'm assuming you've already run the speaker setup portion of the Creative software.

Hope you find your problem. I've got the same speakers, and they're great for the price. :wave:

numerous checks has revealed that everything is set for 5.1 (both creative and soundblaster software). found a 35+meg download on creative's site that, after scanning my system, was labeled "critical". maybe this will work

woohoo! the update off creative's site was the right one. i have an icon that allows me to bring up the 'eax console'. click on cmss 3d, enable it, and then choose surround sound....all problems vanished immediately! thanks for the quick assist hewybo

lazy dog can u send me the link....i have same problem as u m8 =[

or if possible could any of u try find this link for me plz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back