64bit systems and hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

james_k1988

I am quite confidnt im right on this subjct but i thought id better check with you pros first before i went any further :)

Right once i get some money together im planning on buying a new 64bit system. Now the idea was to just buy a 64bit CPU an a mobo that could support it but i got people telling me you need 64bit ram, gcards,hard drives etc.

Now i;m quite confident this is aloda pish, cause u can get like 256bit gcards, an ram dont hav a bit size( as far as i know) but i;m kinda paranoid bout it now. Would it be ok to buy a 64bit cpu an mobo an transfer what ive got over, hres what ive got

(wont bother saying CPu an mobo, Just say what im intending to transfr over)

2 hard drives (40g,80g)
2 512DDR ram sticks
Geforce 4 Fx 5700VE
Dvd-Rw , Cd-Rw

An i wos jus gonna slap on xp 64bit

would this be ok?

You dont have to get 64bit hardware , its 64bit drivers for the hardware you will need. The only actual 64bit part is the processor. 90% of AMD boards will take a 64 proc. with just a BIOS upgrade but with Intel you will also have to get a new motherboard.

thought so :)

i thought as much, but i wouldnt need drivers for the hard drive or ram , jus the grafix card really, an im not sure wher 2 gt those but id find em! lol Thanx 4 clearin that up m8 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back