7-zip.org site not available

By complexxL9
Jan 22, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Did something happen to 7zip project?
    Their site is not available http://www.7-zip.org/ anyone knows what is up with that?
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,765   +1,427

3. bobcat

bobcat TechSpot Paladin Posts: 688   +67

Using Opera. At the time of this post, the site works fine, with or without www prefix.
  4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,765   +1,427

I just checked and the link with the www pre-fix is now working for me too
  5. T77

T77 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 315

Also one can always download from filehippo.com. It's a good site if you want a specific version of any software.
  6. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,385   +205

T77 likes this.
  7. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,272   +258

The site did go down for at least a day - might have just been a dns issue for some folks though, not sure. We noticed it at my office as well.
  8. T77

T77 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 315

TS is one of the best out there:cool: , especially after the changes that were made recently to the downloads section.
    But, for example I use kmplayer for videos and the latest version 3.4( this was like two weeks ago) had some issues with regards to audio and video not being in sync.So to download an earlier version(in this case 3.3), filehippo was the only place I could find.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.