750i sli OC issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

P4PC

hello, I have an 750i sli extreme editon mobo and e5200 cpu @2.5ghz , i'm trying to OC to 3.0 but in bios i don't see any features to do it. i tried loading optimazer and nothing. do i need to update bios or something? help please i'm new to this

Typically with motherboards ive had in the paste they've come with a overclocking program on a CD you install. If you want to overclock your CPU you need to have a heatsink better than the one that comes with your CPU to be able to disburse and get rid of the heat built up from your CPU.

hello, I have an 750i sli extreme editon mobo and e5200 cpu @2.5ghz , i'm trying to OC to 3.0 but in bios i don't see any features to do it. i tried loading optimazer and nothing. do i need to update bios or something? help please i'm new to this

is this an OEM machine?, or did you build it? if its an OEM they usually remove any OC options (to protect you from yourself don't ya know ) if not, where in the Bios are you looking?

If it's an EVGA then it has options galore (have set up a few systems using them). As far as I know XFX (MB-750I-72P9), Asus (P5N-D) and MSI (P7N) have boards based on the chipset also-not aware of any OEM's (Dell etc.) that use the chipset-most opted for the 790i SLI/ 790i Ultra. If you can list the manufacturer then we can get you some more detailed info, although if you're having trouble navigating the BIOS I would hazard a guess and say it's an XFX board.

Yes, I build it myself. and correct it's a XFX 750i intel 775 ddr2. About cpu i know i can reach 3.0 without upgrading heatsink. http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/motherboards/7series/750i.aspx is link and yes it's MB-750i-72p9

it did come with a CD but i wouldnt begin to know what i am looking at. i saw a few youtube videos and they had my cpu they all oc it with a feature call tweaking intelligence in bios but i don't have anything of that sort. i checked everywhere maybe im blind or too noobie

The XFX board has a jumper that needs to be enabled for the BIOS options for OC'ing to show up
The jumper is near the SATA ports.

Yes, unfortunately XFX are living on past glories. Safe to assume after the techological masterpiece (right up there with the Tacoma Narrows Bridge) that was their X58 offering, XFX will be sparing the unsuspecting consumer any further board offerings.

Glad you didn't post that on April 1st.

.....and hey!...don't make fun of our infrastructures....the wind was blowing at 40 mph you know :)

Ok, I think I enable the jumper, I went into cell menu because that's the closes thing i can see that has anything over clocking to do. so it's cell menu> XFX JOC1 over clock function, inside there I can see FSB 800 MHZ, memory clock 800 MHZ, cpu ration @ 12.50, cpu voltage, those options only let me custominze. I changed the FSB to 900 and my right core went from 2.5 to 2.81. there is where i'm confused aren't both cores suppose to change? one stayed at 2.5 and other went 2.81? i didn't mess with voltage it stayed at where its at v.0000v i'm assuming it has its own voltage right? so if i increase the FBS to 953 will i get 3.0 GHZ? and that's all i need to do? then i'm overclocked to 3.0? I am assuming i need to increase the FSB on other core but where is it at? my guess is, if i change the jumper back to safe mode i can change the FSB on first core? then both are increased? i see JOC1 safe mode and other JOC1 in same place well i dont have option to click on them or anything just see it written there. one core is OC and other core is safe? i dont quite understand the CPU clocking and with motherboard like this one is making it harder, perhaps one of you could help me out i will really appreciate it and thanks guys for taking your time and replying.
JOC1 JUMP TO OVER MODE
JOC1 JUMP TO SAFE exactly like that god this is all confusing

Firstly I think you need the manual. It should be on your CD (pdf file)
Secondly, It's not advised to bump up the overclock in large increments. When overclocking you should raise the FSB/Core frequency in smaller steps and test after each change for stability.
If the BIOS automatically raises CPU voltages when you are increasing the FSB/Core freq. then that needs to be monitored-or in some cases changed manually. A lot will depend on what CPU cooling you have and the CPU's VID (stock voltage).
You should also have "Execute Bit Support", "Limit CPU Max Value" (screen 8 of this review), "Intel EIST" (screen 16) all set to "Disable" , as well as Intel SpeedStep and C1E if they are available in the BIOS.
I'm not sure what you are saying regarding overclocking one core only - the overclock should affect both cores of your CPU.
Before any overclocking I would recommend you read up on the manual, post screenshots of anything you are unsure about and read up on basic overclocking procedure, and above all, if you are using a stock Intel cooler then I stress that overclocking is not a good idea.
These Youtube clips (part 1 and 2) and the sidebar links to videos of BIOS/Jumper settings so you can familiarize yourself with the setup. But before going any further RTFM, and be aware that although XFX advertise this as a 1800FSB+ board (i.e.for overclocking), damaging the board through overclocking (too much voltage for MCP/SPP) will void your warranty.
Finally, here is an overclocking guide for nVidia SLI chipset boards.

To fully help you I would need for you to know your way around the BIOS and be aware of the terminology. A misunderstanding regarding voltage options especially can lead to very bad results.

Hi, do you know how to overclock?

so if i increase the FBS to 953 will i get 3.0 GHZ?
To overclock to 3ghz, you would do 3000/12.5 = 240, meaning your FSB should be listed as either 240, or 240 *4 = 960. It depends on your motherboard. Very simple math, I hope that was a typo and that you really can do the math.

With an e5200, I think it will be ok at 3ghz with the stock cooler, however, thats not all you need to do. You should run a stress test and monitor temps. Also at 3ghz, you shouldn't need to make any voltage changes with an e5200, just stock should be ok, which should just be 0, since usually motherboards will have voltage adjustments relative to stock.

I have no idea what your talking about overclocking one core, if the BIOS is confusing, you can go into windows and open up CPU-z.

Firstly I think you need the manual. It should be on your CD (pdf file)
Secondly, It's not advised to bump up the overclock in large increments. When overclocking you should raise the FSB/Core frequency in smaller steps and test after each change for stability.
If the BIOS automatically raises CPU voltages when you are increasing the FSB/Core freq. then that needs to be monitored-or in some cases changed manually. A lot will depend on what CPU cooling you have and the CPU's VID (stock voltage).
You should also have "Execute Bit Support", "Limit CPU Max Value" (screen 8 of this review), "Intel EIST" (screen 16) all set to "Disable" , as well as Intel SpeedStep and C1E if they are available in the BIOS.
I'm not sure what you are saying regarding overclocking one core only - the overclock should affect both cores of your CPU.
Before any overclocking I would recommend you read up on the manual, post screenshots of anything you are unsure about and read up on basic overclocking procedure, and above all, if you are using a stock Intel cooler then I stress that overclocking is not a good idea.
These Youtube clips (part 1 and 2) and the sidebar links to videos of BIOS/Jumper settings so you can familiarize yourself with the setup. But before going any further RTFM, and be aware that although XFX advertise this as a 1800FSB+ board (i.e.for overclocking), damaging the board through overclocking (too much voltage for MCP/SPP) will void your warranty.
Finally, here is an overclocking guide for nVidia SLI chipset boards.

To fully help you I would need for you to know your way around the BIOS and be aware of the terminology. A misunderstanding regarding voltage options especially can lead to very bad results.

thanks man i OC to 3.0ghz and eveything is stable thanks alot that youtube video helped alot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back