7900gt hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sellmesanity

Hey does anyone know what is causing the problems with the 7900gt? I had that card 2 times and all it did was give me problems. I wish that i could buy that card and not worry, now I have transformed into an ATI fanboy, just on stability haha. Anyone up for explaining?

how can anybody explain what may have caused the problems when you haven't told us what kind of problems you were having? :confused:

i just assume that the problem is so widespread that it doesn't even matter if i tell you, you would know already.

I have heard of some 7900's from early release batches having stabilty issues, but those problems were fixed soon after with the newer releases.

i have also heard of high temp issues in all of them, but that comes down to how well your case is cooled, not the video card itself.

It would seem that Nvidia cut a few too many corners when they first released the cards, but most of the 7900s are good cards.

Still, unless you specify your particular problem nobody can help you solve it.

never assume anything...

i really do not think the problem is fixed. they mentioned something about voltage regulators. then nvidia blamed the manufacturers for putting the clocks too high. then evga said that it had a batch of bad memory, then people were blaming instability (artifacting, lockups, weird colors on screen, flashing screen, restarts) on the memory clock being too high. so if nvidia's official statement was blaming the manufacturers, why is evga still releasing high clocked ones. if you look at the rma rate of these cards, i dont think any other card has had such a high rma rate. ive seen people go through 11 RMA's! i highly doubt that stability problems are fixed, look on newegg, a lot of people complain of instability or the card failing after a couple days. grahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i dont trust nvidia anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back