Inactive [A] Audio and video stutter, school email password change after virus was noticed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chigusa

Hello,

A month ago I can only guess that I must have gone to a questionable website which led to me getting a virus I didn't notice until Avast began to act up the day after. Avast had alerted me upon booting up my computer that something was blocked and disposed of. Immediately I scanned with Malware Bytes to find nothing, then proceeded to scan with Avast. It then ceased to function, my computer then began to reboot, cycling on the boot up screen. It forced me to enter safe mode to remove Avast from my computer entirely, after I rolled back via a system restore. Concerned to have Avast malfunction as such again, I downloaded Microsoft Security Essentinals to replace it. Since then I have had to deal with a stuttering audio and video which at first I thought it to be due to a need for updates. When the issue persisted, I thought it only to be a software issue, until I read another having an almost similar issue on these forums.
Bringing me to last week where a school email has had a password change upon changing my secret question twice. Since only that email had been affected, and not other sensitive information, It has only raised questions, but has me concerned none the less. Since that incident, I haven't used that computer to go online, which can only lead me to believe whatever it was that attacked my computer a month ago must still be on it. I apologize for my ignorance in the matter, and would appreciate any assistance that could be rendered.

Thank you for your time.

Welcome aboard
yahooo.gif

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back