A belated Happy Birthday to my Emachines T-5026

captaincranky

Hard to imagine, but on the 14th of this month, my trusty Emachines has reached the magic milestone of 5 years of age...!

Whaaaaattt.....??? A five year old Emachine you say..? Amazing, but true.

With its too small case, one exhaust fan, and space heater Prescott 519 Pentium 4, it's come through some mighty hot summers in the slums unscathed..!

raybay, yet another year, but the same old question, "how long does this have to last before I can honestly say I've gotten my money's worth"....?

Let's sing, all together now...... "for he's a jolly good com- phew- turd, which this year again you'll deny"....:rolleyes:

Im this many!

Hmmm...Running Bear send you happy birthday smoke signal with those e machine motherboard replacement boxes. :haha::p:wave:

Happy compday captain bit belated one though :D

Hmm a friend of mine have a strange hypothesis .... he somehow links global warming with Pentium 4s (especially PresHot's); but despite that he is refusing to dump his old rig and continue to warm up the world ;)

Anyhow ....... its been 3+ years since I built this PC, only component I have replaced during this period has been a motherboard replacement in warranty, + an CPU upgrade from E6600 to Q8400; and threw out a faulty RAM stick; so I hope in 1.5 years time I will get to my target of making a computer last 5 years with reasonable performance & minimum upgrades.

Badda Bing, Badda BOOOOOMMMM....!

Hmm a friend of mine have a strange hypothesis .... he somehow links global warming with Pentium 4s (especially PresHot's); but despite that he is refusing to dump his old rig and continue to warm up the world ;)
"PresHots", as you call them are fine, durable, pieces of faulty engineering.

That said, if someone writes the ultimate computer virus, names it the "Wrath of God", and smites my "machina de "E" con esto, thereby causing the old Pent to burst forth from its socket, the OEM HDD platters to fly across the living room, while blowing every circuit breaker in the house, I will still have gotten my money's worth out of the ol' turd, and would remember it fondly.

And speaking of the wrath of God;
Still freezing in Minneapolis ?
No it's freezing here in "Filth- a-delphia". Mother Nature has concocted three major blizzards for us, that could only be described as an "unprovoked major ghetto bombing campaign". Although the "unprovoked" aspect is largely subjective.

"PresHots", as you call them are fine, durable, pieces of faulty engineering.

That's pretty much sums it up, although it take some creative imagination to use faulty and durable in one sentence ;)

Oh indeed ravi: it must be 6 years old now; I wonder if CC would consider selling it to Smithsonian museum on the pretext that it (probably) is the only stable and working e-machine of its age.

Back