Happy seventh birthday to my eMachines T-5026...

captaincranky

Well, another year has passed and my trusty eMachine survives, nay verily, flourishes.

In spite of the fact the contents of the VRM capacitors should be sprayed all over the ceiling, it isn't. And don't let raybay tell you otherwise.

An older, wiser, and much more phlegmatic computer these days, it soldiers on. THis in spite of the heinous onslaught of utter filth I subject it to, for hours and hours on a practically daily basis,

Won't you all join me in song to wish it another seven years of tolerance, endurance, and perseverance, in the face of websites of the most ill repute?

All together now, "For he's a jolly good smut box, for he's jolly good smut box"!......You in the corner with the magazine, sing out..! (Or at least fap in time). "Which nobody can deny" .....:rolleyes:....:haha:

Shall we adjourn to a good, hearty, Apple bashing now....?

What no CaptainCranky bashing everyone* else? You're letting those standards slip Sir! :haha:

Happy 7th birthday to your smut box CC. My Q6600 can't be that much younger and that's still soldiering on. :)

*Unless of course you're reeling them in with the good old Apple talk, so they're unsuspecting. ;)

In spite of the fact the contents of the VRM capacitors should be sprayed all over the ceiling, it isn't. And don't let raybay tell you otherwise.

I'm sorry, but raybay already told us... many times... (just a small, random sampling)

raybay said:
Our work here shows it is nearly always a motherboard shorting out, the Southbridge pulling out, or a multiple Capacitor failure on eMachines models

Then begin working on selling it as is and getting a HomeBuilt, Dell, Gateway, or HP. Avoid Sony, Avoid Compaq, Avoid other eMachines... and do not get the bottom of the line for any of them.

We consider this urgent, as the failure rates are astonishingly high on 14 models and unacceptabley high on nine other eMachine models

raybay said:
By the way, we own four eMachines for our businesses. It is only those 14 models that have the motherboards fail.... that is out of 279 total models.. many of which have severe power supply problems.

eMachines will get better under Gateway management.

raybay said:
Well, eMachines has made a LOT of mistakes on these... Despite the 67 percent failure rate by the end of the third year..

raybay said:
We have been confronted with recoverying a lot of eMachines hard drives because the failure rate on eMachines computers has been so high.

raybay said:
The real problem is that you have one of the high failure motherboards. I doubt you will get it working properly until you replace the eMachines board with another eMachines board.

raybay said:
There are 27 eMachine motherboards that were made under license from other manufacturers. These have a very high record of failure of the motherboards. It is the motherboard failure that causes the power supply to fail in these 27 models.

raybay said:
We now have receipts numbers, serial numbers, and the works on well over 1000 eMachines. We have a huge number in my uncle's barn, after detailed exam and Xray..

raybay said:
eMachines knew there was a problem with the motherboard. eMachines has no replacement parts. eMachines made no effort to tell its customers or warn them about the loss of data.

raybay said:
When this action is finished, it will be the largest corporate failure where desktops and laptops are concerned... even bigger than Packard Bell.

There are 27 models of eMachines built since 2004 that suffer motherboard failure, due to defective manufacturing processes in Korea and Singapore. The failed motherboard causes the power supply to short out... ruining both

raybay said:
Typical problem with at least 17 models of eMachines computers...
except the problem is on the motherboard, and it cause the power supply in every case we have closely examined...

raybay said:
We have documented well over 700 of them before eMachines moved back to Korea...

raybay said:
You may have trouble, as the T05026 machines with which we have worked slow down significantly when you add an outside video card. We find difficulties in attempting to disable the onboard video.

raybay said:
Because of the processor, and the limited motherboard, you will never have good gaming on that motherboard.
raybay said:
This board is crippled in some way. It also has a very high failure rate. I suspect the motherboard will fail in over 50 percent of the T-5026 machines within three years.

raybay said:
To use the recovery disk set, and access the data in your hard drive easily, you will need to get an eMachines board for $159.95, and a new power supply... Yet your risk of future failure will remain high.

raybay said:
The eMachines motherboards are usually copies made under license from the original manufacturer, but built by Tri-Gem of Korea.
I strongly recommend you return the eMachine, and get something reliable. It has the strongest, longest history of unreliability and early failure of any computer built since the Packard Bell. With a motherboard failure rate exceeding 50 percent in the first 2.5 years of ownership.

raybay said:
The T-2042 is one of the 14 eMachines models that has an extremely high failure rate. Defects in the motherboard cause the power supply to eventually fail, not the other way around.

raybay said:
eMachines has the highest failure rate of desktops of any manufacture since 1999.

raybay said:
MSI, Gigabyte, EGS, FoxConn, Chaintech, ASUS... whatever... are all better than the eMachines board which has an incredible failure rate of well over 60 percent.

Yes Rick, he is indeed a man on a mission.....! A verbose mission at that.

I should have said, "there are indeed splatters on the ceiling, but it isn't capacitor juice"!

(But then, I'd only be deluding myself).

Anyway, if you had only one choice of mental disease or defect to attach as a diagnosis of raybay, would you pick, "A", obsessive compulsive disorder, (the Quixotic mission to prevent anybody from ever buying another eMachines). or "B", multiple personality disorder? (The infatuation with speaking in plural pronouns). I suppose with some prodding or encouragement I could allow a 3rd choice of chronic hoarding. (The whole "barn full of eMachines" paradigm)..... :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by raybay
You may have trouble, as the T05026 machines with which we have worked slow down significantly when you add an outside video card. We find difficulties in attempting to disable the onboard video.
OK Rick, this is simply abusing the T-5026 out of context....!

The eMachines T-5026 carries an Intel 915GAG board. However, it is supplied WITHOUT the PCI-E x16 socket. One has to assume they didn't design it to allow add in video cards anyway. If you see my point..... It takes a whole "WE" of raybays to not figure that out....?????

Of course the offending eMachines is listed as a, "T05026", and not a "T-5026". Of course the, "zero", is next to the hyphen on the keyboard. I confess, I'm stumped..

Just out of curiosity, will you be donating this e-Machine to any museum once you are done with it? Oh by the way, H7BD to your e-Machine T-5026...

Back