Inactive [A]Explorer.exe Detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEd

Was told to post over here from the XP Forum:

superty12
TechSpot Booster

If you found malware, go post in the dedicated virus forum. You can post your logs there. They will not drop you.
---------------------------------------------
Malware?

I should preface this by stating my computer recovered from a hard crash and now I can't get explorer.exe to run therefore have a blank desktop except for wallpaper. I can move around through task manager and connect to the internet. Don't see explorer.exe running in processes.I typed in explorer and explorer.exe (both upper and lower case) and sometimes I see a flash of the taskbar at the bottom. Even tried clicking on the start button but nothing.

Ran malware bytes yesterday and this came up...

C:\WINDOWS\explorer1.exe (Trojan.Agent) > No Action Taken
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit)> No Action Taken

Tried to remove but seems can't remove explorer.exe or even replace it which I was trying to so thus the explorer1.exe (from another machine).
Nothing from Adaware, Spybot, Malware rerun, House call on line scan, Kapersky TTDS Killer, Mcafee Root Kit, Mcafee Portable AV.

This is an OEM machine so aren't reinstall files present? Can I offload and use them?
False positive's you think from Malware Bytes? Also ran combofix if you would like to see log. Thanks!

You've been to malware forum 4 times before so you should know what is required when starting new topic.

Then last two topics....you started them and you never replied back.
If it happens again for the third time you'll not be able to receive any more help in this forum.
We don't like wasting our time.

Hey

Howdy Broni,

You were helping me with those undeletable files. Thanks. We were done I thought after you told me to eliminate startup items one by one in msconfig as my computer wouldn't shut down. I then went on to the xp forum where JMsquared assisted. I even explained I had come from Malware with you. All the other times, I responded from what I can see. Things got worse so I had a total crash.

If you don't care to help, no problem. I'll contact someone else.Thanks anyway!

OK, sorry about it.

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

It;s okay. I did contact admin to see if there was someone else to help me though. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back