A7N8X Deluxe and 9600 Pro (No 8x AGP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I've seen a plethera of posts on video issues with this combo. My question is simple. I feel I need to update my chipset and AGP drivers but from where? I assume I can get the Nforce2 drivers from Nvidia but which are the best? As for the AGP drivers, everything points back to the motherboard manufacturer but ASUS, as usual, has no such download I can find. Maybe the drivers are in some secret squirrel spot but I can't find them. Any help is most appreciated (especially links)! Huey

Thanks

I appreciate it guys. I'll flash the bios once aain and see if the new change helps with the AGP problem. I just kept hearing everyone talking about AGP drivers and was uncertain if there were stand alone agp drivers themselves.

Whenever I turn 8X AGP on, the system locks up in any 3D game (NASCAR 2003, Call of Duty, Doom 3, Far Cry to name a few). In some of these games, the video locks but you can still hear the game sounds running normally (example: in NASCAR, I can be driving down a straightaway and the screen will freeze, but if I turn my wheel left or right to wreck, I hear all of the sounds associated with what I SHOULD see). Other times, the system does a complete freeze and I have to do a hard reboot.

From what I've read and heard, the difference between 4X & 8X AGP mulitpliers is negligible so maybe I should just leave well enough alone. I just find it troublesome that, at the time of the purchase, these were pretty hot commodities, but they never have played well together. Ironic considering both are ASUS products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back