Acer announces Timeline ultrabooks with Ivy Bridge, Nvidia GPU

By Matthew
Jun 20, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Acer has announced the availability of its latest ultrabook series, the Timeline Ultra M5, which comes in three configurations including two with discrete Nvidia graphics. The most affordable option (M5-481T-6770) is set at $680 with a 14-inch 1366x768 LED-backlit display,…

Read more
  2. More Acer products hobbled by cheap 1366x768 panels, to ignore.
  3. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,508   +81

I actually have a 1366x768 Acer laptop that I won. Many will snub such a low resolution screen, but for those who aren't doing productivity work with images or videos its not all that bad. And considering that mobile graphics solutions aren't providing blistering FPS in modern games a lower than top end resolution isn't a bad option to get a better gaming experience. If I'd been buying a laptop myself I would probably have looked for something higher resolution but I don't find 1366x768 all that bad to work on.
  4. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,508   +81

Even more so when you look at Macbook pro non retina offerings - 1280 x 800.
  5. As far as I read into it an 'UltraBook' is a class of high quality, solid computers with good components. As opposed to some specific format type.

That said I think we're ready to lose the dvd drive now.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.