TechSpot

Acer Aspire 5335 will not boot

By AphexN
Oct 26, 2010
  1. Reposting what I posted in the other help forum:

With consultation from a friend, I've tried a few things; I've managed to get the system to boot up from my Vista disc, and run CHKDSK but that hasn't fixed the issue. Unfortunately, I don't have any System Restore points I can try reverting back to, either. Obviously, I can't follow the 8-step plan.

Is my only option going to be a full reformat and re-installation?

2. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 52,621   +340

Welcome aboard [​IMG]

Let's see, if we can look at your computer booting from an external source.

Please download OTLPE (filesize 120,9 MB)

• When downloaded double click on OTLPENet.exe and make sure there is a blank CD in your CD drive. This will automatically create a bootable CD.
    • Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.
      • Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
    • Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
    • Depending on your type of internet connection, you should be able to get online as well so you can access this topic more easily.
    • Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
    • When asked Do you wish to load the remote registry, select Yes
    • When asked Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning, select Yes
    • Ensure the box Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
    • OTL should now start.
    • Press Run Scan to start the scan.
    • When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\OTL.txt
    • Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system
    • Please post the contents of the OTL.txt file in your reply.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.