Acquiring Network Address consistantly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magaman598

Hello, a friend of mine is having me work on his computer, and for the life of my, I can't figure out why it's stuck on this, I've reinstalled Drivers, I've added in a new Ethernet Card, Reset my Modem and what not, I'm not understanding what's causing this. Any Ideas anyone?

Windows XP Pro SP3 is the OS.

Bad network card. Try a different slot PCI / PCI-E or USB port. Still does it? BNC = bad network card! Get a replacement.

The Ethernet card that I used as said replacement is known working. (It was a fresh pull from my backup system) Still stuck on this problem tho, lol.

Thanks in advance to anyone who trys to give insight on the delemma.

Then backup the the files you need, then blow out the OS with XP SP3. Install a fresh copy of XP SP3 and see if that fixes the issue.

If you have an SP3 disk, you might try a repair install first. If you don't have SP3 disk you can try slipstreaming your disk to build one if you want. If repair doesn't work then reformat/reinstall
Also see [post=818014]these steps to prepare before a full reinstall[/post]

Already backed up all the files and reinstalled th OS, it fixed the problem and left me with a headache and with the want to find out what causes said problem, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back