TechSpot

Ad-aware SE freezes

By Pazuzu
May 25, 2005
  1. I use Ad-aware SE personal build 1.05 - currently with Definitions file SE1 R46 17.05.2005.
    Until recently it has worked well, but for some reason it keeps freezing - first on 754 objects scanned, then 718, lastly on 699. This happens when scanning the Program files directory.When I hit Ctrl. Alt. Del. to check activity all looks normal - when I look a second time it shows Ad-aware "not responding". When running normally it used to get up to 3500 plus objects scanned if memory serves me well.
    Has anyone experience of this problem? I tend to run this several times a day to keep the aged PC/software platform running as fast as possible - I also use Ccleaner & Spy-bot search & destroy.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Uninstall the programme, then reboot your system, and reinstall.

If that doesn`t help, post back.

Regards Howard :)

3. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Spybot/Adaware once a week is good enough normally.

Where are you surfing, that you need it a few times per day?

4. Pazuzu

Pazuzu TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 215

The truth hurts

An astute observation Realblackstuff - I might say I have been "caught fishing in a most peculiar river" - even so I only find 3-5 tracking entries per day - sometimes none. I will reform - at least when my subscription expires in ten days.
    The puzzle remains though - why does it keep freezing?
    Thanks Howard- I will try reinstalling.

5. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

For those, all you need to do is set your browser to delete all cookies and the cache when you close it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.