Adobe Acrobat Pro 8 installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungchen

Hello,
I have been trying in vain to install Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.10.
Every time I try, the installation window opens, and when I click on Next, an error message pops up and tells me : "Setup has detected that you already have a more functional Product installed. Setup will now terminate"!! After that message the installation aborts automatically. Not really helpful, because Acrobat Pro is not installed on my PC, I'm sure of that.
I have Adobe Reader 8, Framemaker 8 and PDFMaker already installed. Could it be that one of those programmes is blocking install of Acrobat Pro?
Thanks

OK, here is the solution:
I removed Framemaker AND PDFMaker and suddenly installation of Acrobat Pro worked... I did not yet install Framemaker again, but I will try and post if it worked.

I don't think you're going to need the Framamaker. Here's what you have in the Acrobat Pro:
* Combine and share documents
* Create an electronic form
* Streamline document reviews
* Protect sensitive information
* Convert documents to PDF
* Edit PDF documents
* Save as Microsoft Word

But if you want to tr y and have a problem, you know what to do. Definitely do not reinstall the PDF Maker. That was your main problem.

I beg to differ.
PDFMaker was indeed the problem, but it reinstalled together with Acrobat Pro, and they are working fine now... both of them
I'll try to install Framemaker soon, and I'll check back here as soon as I know if it works or not.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back