Adobe discontinues boxed Creative Suite, Acrobat software

By Rick
Mar 13, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Adobe plans to end boxed sales of its Creative Suite and Acrobat family software, according to a report by Software Media Blog. Adobe told the blog that its discontinuation of box-based sales for CS and Acrobat will be effective as...

Read more
  2. Jay Pfoutz

Jay Pfoutz Malware Helper Posts: 4,286   +49

I think it'd be more effective indeed to just sell them single-copy, one product buying.

People are so choosy about what CS software they want, and there are so many boxed sets, might as well just sell them individually.
  3. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 571   +98

I remember CS4 taking forever to install from the disk. Only thing I can think of that took longer was maybe Final Cut Pro.
    Jay Pfoutz likes this.
  4. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TechSpot Booster Posts: 303   +43

Wonder if the elements will stay out on disc, I sell those a lot, but the main family we have never sold a copy of.
  5. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,397   +831

News stories like this are so "uplifting". They kind of make me glad I'm old. This is your subscription to the future, being tethered to Adobe's teat, enjoy it. Or maybe I should say, "suck it up".
  6. axiomatic13

axiomatic13 Newcomer, in training Posts: 20

So without of that maketing dollars spent on the box materials and DVD the price is coming down... right? RIGHT Adobe?
  7. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,397   +831

One refreshing thing about newcomers here, is their innocence and naivete, which unfortunately tends to border on delusionality.

Actually now the margin now between DVD and download is ten bucks or so. Which I'm sure you've heard, will feed a family in Indonesia or Sub-Sarahan Africa for at least a month and a half.

Sadly, it won't do much past squat for you or I.....:mad:

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.