Adobe flash player installing but not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallflower89

Ok for the past little while, I've been getting the "adobe has known problems with this version of Windows Vista click here to fix the problem" well i clicked
and have had nothing but problems ever since. I use a website that like wont function unless you have flash, and for the last few days when i use IE the website wont work. so i tried to download it with Fire Fox and it worked *or so i thought* I can use the web site on FF but not on IE? why, what did i do wrong, i pulled up my "add or remove a program" and i see it plain as day "adobe flash 10.whatever plugin" and when i tried to re-download it the red box with the f and the green bar underneath popped up and the "instillation complete" message came up. i dont know what to do its getting frustrating, and i dont understand what they are telling me to do on the adobe web site :( any help at all would be great.

EDIT
ok, i checked out the adobe site again, and i fiddled around on my laptop again and found the folder they were talking about, i clicked on set to administrator or somthign like that and a lilttle box popped up said preparing to install etc etc
well it got to the end and it said thie
"instilation complete" and i clicked show details and it siad this:
Output folder: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
Execute: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\uninstall_plugin.exe"
Extract: NPSWF32.dll
Extract: NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe
Extract: flashplayer.xpt
Created uninstaller: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\uninstall_plugin.exe
Completed

i want in install it not uninstall it >.< what am i doing wrong >.< do i jsut need to unistall it all and redo it, cause i did that already and nothing >.< this is getting really frusterating cause i cant figgure it out >.<
HELP PLZ

You might not have it enabled as an Active X Object in IE:

Open Internet Explorer> Tools> Manage Add-ons> on the site below, note the entry 'Shockwave Flash Object' by Adobe> find that on your screen> click to highlight> then click on Enable> OK

http://browsers.about.com/od/internetexplorertutorials/ss/manageie7addons_5.htm

NOTE: there are 2 sections for the dialog box t the top: 1. Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer and 2. Add-ons previously used. IF you don't find it in 'Current" click on the arrow point to the right of the box and change to 'previous'.

See if that makes a difference. You might need to reboot after making the setting change.

ok i did that, and it says that shockwave flash object is there and endabled
BUT i dont need shockwave
i need ADOBE FLASH PLAYER according to the adobe website they are different.. and Adobe flash player isnt even on there >.< this is getting frusterating because its on my comp i see it under that "add remove" programs i have went to my downloads folder like it said, and set it to admin but its still not there. and what i really dont understand is how i have adobe flash on my FF bur not on my IE *the website works with ff but not ie* and grrr >.<
and i have recently updated my IE to v.8 because i was told it might fix it... it didnt -.-
thnx for helping as best u could, any other ideas

A couple of hints

when i tried to re-download it the red box with the f and the green bar underneath popped up and the "instillation complete" message came up
If installation was successful, you should see the animation on the same (installation) page http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/ otherwise it was not successful.

As you no doubt know already, you have to enable Active X (click on the IE bar appearing) and then also accept installation on the popup for it to proceed. Also approve any firewall popups and accept component changes. In my case, I had to accept at least 6 prompts.

what i really dont understand is how i have adobe flash on my FF bur not on my IE
The procedure for FF is different and independent from that for IE. For FF you download the installer and install it by executing (double clicking) it like other software installation. This will install it in FF, and Opera if used, but not in IE. For IE you install it directly from the site as mentioned above.

Thank you Bobcat. I don't think she understands any of that!

and i have recently updated my IE to v.8 because i was told it might fix it... it didnt -.
You should consider dropping back to IE7. IT8 won't fix a problem like this - in fact, unless it's an update for a vulnerability, updates don't 'fox'. IE8 is not an update> It's a new version.

Have a look here please:
Solution to all of the above: get the standalone Flash Player installation file (links are at the top of this page). There are two types: one for Internet Explorer, the other is for Mozilla/Firefox/Netscape.
http://www.softwarepatch.com/network-security/flashdownload-security.html

Then go here: http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html

to bobcat, srry i didnt get much of that it wsa over my head, and i did accept everythign ti told me too but it still woulndt down load :( even left my comp on all night for it but nothing

to bobbye- OMW THANKS its working now that stand alone thing saved my sanity took me two tried to get it lol, *i didnt close all my windows the first time, so i rebooted and trried it again :D and man or lady i like wanna hug u right now!!! and u dindt have to say that about me not getting it sounded kinda rude, even if i dindt get it:eek:
but yea its up and running just fine :D THANKS FOR EVERYTHING :D
thnx for being patiet with a person who doesnt kno much about comps *im workin on that btw thats why im here :D* and srsly that link is a life saver
*limited to 6 images :[ o well lol*

I thought the stand-alone would work! I would like to pass on a couple of things to you:

1. All of us here are volunteering out time to help others. It can be just as frustrating to us when something doesn't work, so patience is something that should be practiced on both sides of the screen. 2. For myself, I absolutely can't stand it when someone used the IM or chat room shortcuts like 'u' or 'i' and leaves out all the apostrophes for words like 'doesn't', wouldn't and other contractions.
3. Spell checkers are readily available- the Google Toolbar has on for instance. Running a post through a spell checker will; make it easier-and more accurate-for us to read.

It can sometimes be very time consuming to work through a fix or resolve a problem for someone. So presenting it the best and, most accurate way is the best way to get the best help. I mean this constructively- it is part of learning 'more' about computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back