Adobe Flash

What exactly is happening? Is it popping up with a 'an update is available!' window?

Try restarting the PC.

This happens sometimes. If you click on the Flash icon, it'll swap on over to the fullscreen video.

Ok, I'm still able to watch it, but previously it was FULL screen, now the taskbar shows. Here is what I see when I right click the adobe flash icon in taskbar.Right click it.jpg
I'll live with it, thank you :)

*Shrugs* Normally if I click on the Flash icon, it'll just go full-screen like any other full-screen app.

Try unpinning it from your Task Bar. Left click on the Icon in the task bar. When the little menu That shows the full version of the Flash 11.5 r502. Right click on it. It should give you a option to unpin it from the task bar.

As others have pointed out, the Flash Player is the full screen video. It disappears when one exits out of full screen mode. Hovering the mouse over it shows the content.

Clipboard01.png

It more or less a setting in the browser he is using. When he hovers over it and the little menu comes up. Can he close it out?

Try unpinning it from your Task Bar. Left click on the Icon in the task bar. When the little menu That shows the full version of the Flash 11.5 r502. Right click on it. It should give you a option to unpin it from the task bar.
It wasn't pinned to the taskbar. But I did pin it to the taskbar
pinned to taskbar.jpg
and minimized.

Although the problem still exists, I've found a temporary fix.
I right clicked the task >properties & put the taskbar on auto hide. Using full screen,I don't see the browser icon or adobe icon.

What was the problem? Adobe Flash Player icon on the task bar when FF is running but not in IE while playing full screen video? Odd behavior maybe, but I don't think it's really a problem. Those are two different plugins. Anyway, I've never really noticed it since my task bar is hidden most of the time.

Going here http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50139451n in full screen, I was seeing the image in post #14 in both Firefox & SeaMonkey. I tried it in IE & it didn't happen.
I just thought I'd try putting the taskber on auto hide, so now when I watch the above link or post # 3, I don't see the Adobe flash player icon.
I'm just going to leave my taskbar hidden. Perhaps the next Adobe update "might" fix it. I'm still able to watch the news & videos.:)

Ok I got my browser to do as your is doing. The way to get rid of it is to right click on the flash Icon in the task bar. Scroll down to close window when the little menu pops up.. It has to do with your settings for the shock wave player.At some point it got set on global settings. If you hit close window on the little menu as I said it should not come up again when you play the videos at full screen. I have tried this about 3 times and it has worked. Let me know if this helped

You should not need to uncheck global settings. just right click on the Icon for flash in the task bar. When the little menu comes up. Click on close window for the flash icon. Then try close your video . Then restarting it in full screen and see if the icon comes back. It should not.

Back