Change your Windows 7 taskbar and window color

Right-click on desktop, click 'Personalize'. Background, sounds, window color options are there.

Also, if you type in this instead, you'll find your option in the start menu: "change window gla"

Your first suggestion only goes to Background, no sounds
Your second option windows colors is there but thats only for desktop unless they're referring to the taskbar as "Inactive Title Bar?
Inactive title bar.jpg

Nope. Check my attachments.

This is what you need to type into start bar:
glass1.png

And this is what happens if you right-click on an empty spot on your desktop wallpaper:
glass2.png

Typing "Change windows glass colors", takes me to Control panel>All control panel items>Personalization.
Mine has Window color like your second screen shot shows,but it don't say Custom, it says Windows 7 Basic.

Well, choosing "inactive title bar" as shown in post #3, & click apply ok didn't change the color I chose. I'll mess with it in the morning, thank you.:)

You must be clicking the wrong thing. Follow the screenshots above to get the screen, thenn click on the words 'Window color'. Yours says Windows 7 Basic, because that's the default. Mine's custom because I've changed it.

After you click this, you can choose the colours etc. Tick the transparency box to give it that glassy look.

glass3.png

Are you setup in windows Aero theme If not you will not get the Task bar color changer. Looks like you maybe set to windows basic theme.

Thanks Rabbit01. When I first got this W7 pc, I couldn't see much of anything in here so I went to the Basic and High Contrast themes area via Right clicking desktop & so on & just started going thru the choices till I was able to see in here.
In short, I have no idea which one I chose.
I will watch that video again to see what I can do, thank you.:)

Hmm. Weird.

Type into the start search "aero". Then look for the fifth option that should be "find and fix problems with transparency and other visual effects".

Run that wizard and see what happens.

See my post #8? Can you screenshot what your screen looks like when you get the the left-side screen in my post.

Edit: Actually, do what my second screenshot in post #4 says.

Wee. So clicking 'window color' now will get you the same screen that I posted - and ability to change colours.

Back