TechSpot

Adobe releases Flash 10.2 beta for Windows, Mac, and Linux

By Emil
Dec 1, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Adobe has announced a beta release of Flash player 10.2 for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The new version is available on Adobe Labs.

Read the whole story

2. Glad to see Adobe doing something good. I think I will wait until the release before I try it though.

3. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,576   +47

I like Adobe...You can't beat free software like flash. I do admit though that, I only really download it once, and that does enough for me...But yeah, keep up the good work Adobe.

4. Adobe better not make it a required update. Please let me decide when I can update flash player... I hate coming into work and having to update the entire building because it's required. Can't I just do it on the weekend when we're not open. Come on Adobe!

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,551   +301

Heh, just a couple days ago I downloaded a modified ini file or something (I don't remember offhand) to allow it to be full screened on one monitor while using the other.

6. I tested it and i see no difference from previous version.

7. Chazz

Chazz TS Enthusiast Posts: 633   +60

"The Flash Player 10.2 beta also features two popular requests from the community: support for full screen playback with multiple monitor"

This is the most important improvement to me. Thank god

8. Regenweald

Regenweald TS Rookie Posts: 143

Some test cases show little above 0% cpu usage with fullscreen video playback, when offloading to the gpu. Flash is improving at a breakneck speed now, I wonder how much of this is because Apple cut flash support. Whatever the reason, as an end user, I'm happy.

9. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,551   +301

I see/hear statements like this a lot, it is incorrect.
    Apple no longer ships Flash with their operating system on their computers. They did this because every OS update there would be news articles about how Apple shipped an OS that has a out-of-date/vulnerable version of Flash on it. So now, you just have to get Flash yourself, just like you would have to on Windows.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.