Advice On Laser Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocobogo_rct

Hi guys,
Im looking to buy a nice B&W A4 laser printer for my office.
Im after a network one so that it doesnt need to be connected to a pc.

Other things that are important.
- Good toner life
- Reliable
- Good warranty

Anyone reccommend one?

Cheers

I have used a HP LaserJet 1100 very successfully for 4 years now, without it ever giving a problem. The latest model I think is the Laserjet 1200. It does about 4000 pages per toner-refill.

Also Brother HL-1440 is a very good one (try Amazon.co.uk)

Rather than spending the money on a network-capable printer, buy a separate dedicated print-server like Netgear PS110 which can connect 2 printers to your network via the hub/switch.
I use that for my network at home with the above LaserJet and a colour Deskjet. Very easy to install.

Stick with HP LaserJet, they are tough, durable, and offer consistently good performance. You might also want to get a printer that supports two side (duplex) printing, an economy mode for general printing, good envelope handling (many cheap lasers will crumple envelopes), expandable memory (buy Kingston as its a fraction the cost of HP memory), large sheet feeder, and high monthly print load. Go for the HP LaserJet 2300DTN.

HP LaserJet 2300

Coincidentally, for the same reasons listed above (standard duplex, network capable, expandable memory, 500 sheet tray, etc), I bought the Samsung ML-2151N. Then added 128MB of Crucial 100-pin 125MHz SDRAM to boost total print memory to 144MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back