Advice On Laser Printer

By chocobogo_rct
Sep 4, 2003
  1. Hi guys,
    Im looking to buy a nice B&W A4 laser printer for my office.
    Im after a network one so that it doesnt need to be connected to a pc.

Other things that are important.
    - Good toner life
    - Reliable
    - Good warranty

Anyone reccommend one?

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

I have used a HP LaserJet 1100 very successfully for 4 years now, without it ever giving a problem. The latest model I think is the Laserjet 1200. It does about 4000 pages per toner-refill.

Also Brother HL-1440 is a very good one (try

Rather than spending the money on a network-capable printer, buy a separate dedicated print-server like Netgear PS110 which can connect 2 printers to your network via the hub/switch.
    I use that for my network at home with the above LaserJet and a colour Deskjet. Very easy to install.
  3. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,549

Stick with HP LaserJet, they are tough, durable, and offer consistently good performance. You might also want to get a printer that supports two side (duplex) printing, an economy mode for general printing, good envelope handling (many cheap lasers will crumple envelopes), expandable memory (buy Kingston as its a fraction the cost of HP memory), large sheet feeder, and high monthly print load. Go for the HP LaserJet 2300DTN.

HP LaserJet 2300
  4. tkteo

tkteo TS Rookie Posts: 52

Coincidentally, for the same reasons listed above (standard duplex, network capable, expandable memory, 500 sheet tray, etc), I bought the Samsung ML-2151N. Then added 128MB of Crucial 100-pin 125MHz SDRAM to boost total print memory to 144MB.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.