Mach Speed MS945G-GLV
s/n located on bottom of M/b
DDR2
Max Memory Capicity 4GB
Dual Channel Mode DDR2 memory module
Supports DDR2 533 / 667
Max 1 Gig in each Socket

Max 1 Gig in each Socket

i know. it has 4 slots, and currently 2 are filled w/ 1 gig chips. these are 1 gig chips of the same format. But does anyone have anything bad to say about Rendition brand ram? Anything especially good? I've personally never heard of them before.

another ram question.
Would I get more noticeable performance improvement in games, video/audio editing, encoding movies...by upgrading to 2 ggs of dual channel ddr2 667, or to 4 gigs of non dual channel ddr2 667? I can do both for about the same price.

I'd go 4Gigs which in turn will give you dual channel

Vista is good at 4Gig
Xp is good at 2Gig

Anything less for either, will decrease performance significantly
Anything more may be overkill (just presently) ie only small increase in performance

but neither my current ram or the ram I posted support dual channel. How would adding 2 more gigs of non dual channel ram make the system dual channel?

I thought you were confused about that, so I just hinted above about dual channel

There's no such thing as Dual channel ram (shock horror!)
Motherboards can support dual channel (ie yours)
Therefore purchasing 2 Ram cards (even if they state incorrectly dual channel or not) will provide dual channel ram! (in the appropriate slots on a dual channel motherboard)

How's that for you :)

Sorry I don't want to needlessly lengthen the thread
But sometimes you need to enable Dual channel on certain motherboards (ie sometimes not automatic)
This can either be by motherboard jumpers or through software as in CMOS or Bios setup
You may need to read the manual for your motherboard on that (but you're probably safe either way)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back