Advise on upgrade: Vista 32bit, to Win 10 Pro 32bit

tepeco

I have a really old DOS Database program (Q&A) from the mid-80's and I still use it for running my business office transactions and client records. I do not want to lose it as it works fast and is programmed perfectly. It works on my Windows 7 systems, but I prefer to use Windows 10. Since Vista has no support and due to potential security problems, I want to do the upgrade, however, I'm worried if Windows 10 will accept it as Win 7 does. It would be nice to know this before going to the trouble of completely reinstalling many programs and re-customizing them for my needs. Here is what my current machine looks like:

Gateway 2000 GM5407E:
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1 (build 6001)
CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 2800 MHz, 8GB memory
Motherboard, Memory: Intel D945GCF AAD73937-203
Graphics: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family

Yes, it should. However the DOS program will not work on a 64bit system. My choice is either continue using totally unsupported VISTA, or use the 32 bit Windows 10. It's what I need to do.

Yes, it should. However the DOS program will not work on a 64bit system. My choice is either continue using totally unsupported VISTA, or use the 32 bit Windows 10. It's what I need to do.
While running with current 64-bit version of Windows 10, I have kept a DOS-6 program running for 10+ years beyond capability of the operating system of the month. DOSBOX is pretty good - even if it does not support printing. I create text files which can be opened, edited and printed from WordPad . take a look... https://www.dosbox.com/

Almost missed your post... anyway, I'll give DOSBOX a try. Can't hurt. Thanks for the tip. I'll report on my results.

Back