TechSpot

Aereo runs out of capacity in New York City, has to turn new customers away

By Shawn Knight
Jan 31, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Aereo has run into numerous problems since launching in February of 2012 but now the company is faced with an issue that many probably didn't foresee: they've run out of capacity in New York City and can no longer accept...

Read more

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,550   +2,894

I'll bet they find a solution to this quickly enough, they don't loose many more opportunities.

3. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,163   +197

So aereo is a what company?

EClyde likes this.
  4. cliffordcooley

Television that is brought to you by fiber?

I could be wrong, but that is what rings a bell in my mind. It has been awhile, but I remember reading about them in the past.

misor and wastedkill like this.
  5. My understanding is that aereo is an antenna and dvr rental service that allows you to access your recordings over the Internet. It would be particularly useful in a city with a lot of skyscrapers blocking over the air tv service.

6. cliffordcooley

I think guest is right, that matches closer to what their home site talks about.
    I don't understand how it works but it does seem to be an over the air service. The closest thing I can come up with is a DVR service for Over-The-Air broadcasting. A service that can be accessed through any Internet connection, so fiber seems to be irrelevant.

misor likes this.
  7. EClyde

EClyde TS Guru Posts: 706   +180

Shawn,

Your article is a fail because you don't tell us what the company sells. Terrible.
    Don't presume.

8. No Oreo for Super Bowl?
    damn...