Afraid to run Crap Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to use this cleaner. It sounds like it's going to delete passwords and everything. I know what type of virus I have. I've tried lots of different AV programs, including Malware Bytes and Avast. I've already done a selective cleanup of the computer. I just need help getting this silentbanker virus off my computer!

Malwarebytes is not a antivirus program... Ccleaner run in its default mode will not delete passwords stored. If you know the beginning letter or number of the password, you can right-click on the password window, and get the password to display. Have you thought about running the 8-Step Virus & Malware Removal Instructions, and posting the 3 logs?

I was planning to do the 8-step program but was faced with all these dire warnings about things being deleted. I don't think I want to take that risk. All I wanted to know is why GMER never finished removing the virus and if there were any other, better, programs for removing silentbanker.

You should have your important passwords backed up somewhere besides your computer. If your not willing to follow the simple and safe 8-Steps, there is not much else we can recommend to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back