TechSpot

Afraid to run Crap Cleaner

By kms2135
Jan 29, 2010
  1. I don't want to use this cleaner. It sounds like it's going to delete passwords and everything. I know what type of virus I have. I've tried lots of different AV programs, including Malware Bytes and Avast. I've already done a selective cleanup of the computer. I just need help getting this silentbanker virus off my computer!

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Malwarebytes is not a antivirus program... Ccleaner run in its default mode will not delete passwords stored. If you know the beginning letter or number of the password, you can right-click on the password window, and get the password to display. Have you thought about running the 8-Step Virus & Malware Removal Instructions, and posting the 3 logs?

3. kms2135

kms2135 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I was planning to do the 8-step program but was faced with all these dire warnings about things being deleted. I don't think I want to take that risk. All I wanted to know is why GMER never finished removing the virus and if there were any other, better, programs for removing silentbanker.

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

You should have your important passwords backed up somewhere besides your computer. If your not willing to follow the simple and safe 8-Steps, there is not much else we can recommend to you

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.