Age-related brain shrinking is unique to humans

Well OK then. Here's the thing, they say we only use 10% of our brain in the first place! Does this mean, when adjusted for aging, by the time we hit 80, we'll only be able to use 8.5% of our brain...?

Conversely, could it be that some people would lose 15% of their brains capacity, which unluckily, encompasses the 10% they would actually use (maybe Dubya Syndrome if the brain loss kicked in around mid-life?)

DBZ: I wouldn't cut into him like this but your logic is very sound :D

However, using the same logic, it would mean that they can't even perform simple tasks we usually take for granted.

However, using the same logic, it would mean that they can't even perform simple tasks we usually take for granted.
I believe you are adding weight to my hypothesis.
gWB.jpg

Its probably because when other species get older they still have to evade stuff trying to kill them in the wild, this keeps their mind sharp. Humans though, they get taken care of by younger humans, so they can just sit back and die peacefully, rather than getting ravaged by a pack of lions.

Its probably because when other species get older they still have to evade stuff trying to kill them in the wild, this keeps their mind sharp. Humans though, they get taken care of by younger humans, so they can just sit back and die peacefully, rather than getting ravaged by a pack of lions.
Sound logic indeed. However it does become apparent that you've never been to my neighborhood.. (Well, in spite of the fact that there aren't actually any lions). The principles of, "survival of the fittest", are in full operation, however.
DBZ: I wouldn't cut into him like this but your logic is very sound :D

Yes, we would probably forget even how to masturbate. Or is that instinctive? It's all so unclear in my mind...!

Speaking further on the topic of losing your mental faculties, have any of you seen, "Sucker Punch"?
is it tragidy for us humans? :zzz:
Well no, but as I'm sure you've noticed in your own writing, we'd obviously forget how to spell. If you just simply never learned how to spell, not to worry, the problems haven't started yet....;)

Back