Almost one million people are playing Forza Horizon 5 ahead of its full release

midian182

Staff member
Highly anticipated: Forza Horizon 5 finally arrives tomorrow, but those who purchased the Premium Edition or the Premium Add-Ons Bundle have been playing the game since November 5. It’s easy to imagine that, seeing as it’s coming to Xbox Game Pass/Game Pass for PC, not many people chose to spend up to $99 on the driving game, but that’s far from the case: almost one million players are already tearing up Mexico.

As reported by VGC, Forza Horizon 5’s Hall of Fame leaderboard that compares the achievements of every player in the game is already showing 800,000 users across Xbox and PC.

The only way to start playing before tomorrow’s (November 9) official release date is to buy the $99 Premium Edition that grants early access. If you’re a Game Pass user, the $45 Premium Add-Ons Bundle also opens the game ahead of time. Using those figures, VGC estimates that Forza 5 has already grossed between $36 million and $79 million before its full launch.

Forza Horizon 5 has long been on many people’s most-anticipated-games list, and it seems to be living up to the hype: IGN awarded the Xbox Game Studios’ title a coveted 10/10 score, PC Gamer gave 90%, and it's OpenCritic’s highest-rated game (92) released this year so far. On Metacritic, meanwhile, it has an average score of 91, making it the joint-top release of 2021 alongside Psychonauts 2. But what’s just as telling is that it’s the top-selling game globally on Steam right now.

As with previous entries in the series, Forza Horizon 5 looks terrific. It also has some fairly forgiving recommended specs—an Intel i5-8400 or Ryzen 5 1500X with either a GTX 1070 or Radeon RX 590—but if you want the “ideal” experience, you’ll need at least an RTX 3080/Radeon 6800 XT combined with a Ryzen 7 3800XT/Intel i7-10700K or better.

Permalink to story.

Only drunk or asleep I can pay 99 dollars for a game. In Russia, New Steam's games cost 25 dollars average. But in the MS store, oh yeah, you have to pay full price, even in Moscow. No, thanks.

Any game/studio that gives a Pronoun 'HE/SHE/THEY' option in the menus, can bite the big one, as far as I'm concerned.

The deranged, online fascist woke brigade, aren't getting any of my cash...
Games, music, movies, TV shows and anything related to media MUST obey their overlords.

Make no mistake, those twatter **** are also working for them. They are the brainwashed generation.

There is an agenda and it's in full swing. It will only get worse...

Games, music, movies, TV shows and anything related to media MUST obey their overlords.

Make no mistake, those twatter **** are also working for them. They are the brainwashed generation.

There is an agenda and it's in full swing. It will only get worse...
I always thought "They" was plural anyway

A million people pay $100 to play a racing game early.

See, these kinds of people are why gaming is such an expensive hobby now. These types of people, that pay nearly double the asking price of a game just to play it early. Utter insanity.
I always thought "They" was plural anyway
It is. Wokeists twist language to suit their needs.

See also calling any dislike fo them "phobia" and any oppositiont o their ideals "nazis" or "white supremacists". Those words used to mean things.

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but it's weird that there's so much complaining about $99. I believe the way everyone is thinking about it could be different. I just checked my playtimes with Forza Horizon 4, and so far I've played 48 hours (and will play some more). Even at $99, this amounts to just $2.06/hour. Forza Horizon 5 for $99 actually includes two more unreleased Expansions which will probably get my play time to 80-100 hours when I finish with it (or $1.00/hour)

(All of these not counting the cost of transportation)
- A movie ticket (2 hours) on opening weekend costs $15 (normal screen)-$20 (IMAX) or $7.50 or $10/hour
- A baseball game ticket (3 hours) in the crappiest bleachers costs $28 or $9.33/hour
- A Broadway play (2 hours) costs $100-$1000 depending on the play or $50 or $500/hour
- Even going to the zoo these day (let's just say you go all day 6 hours) even costs $31 or $5.17/hour

Gaming is probably one of the cheaper forms of entertainment, especially when you compare to other forms of entertainment on opening day on an hourly basis. After a few years and the prices of those games drop by 50-90%, then gaming is by far the cheapest form of entertainment by the hour.

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but it's weird that there's so much complaining about $99. I believe the way everyone is thinking about it could be different. I just checked my playtimes with Forza Horizon 4, and so far I've played 48 hours (and will play some more). Even at $99, this amounts to just $2.06/hour. Forza Horizon 5 for $99 actually includes two more unreleased Expansions which will probably get my play time to 80-100 hours when I finish with it (or $1.00/hour)

- A movie ticket (2 hours) on opening weekend costs $15 (normal screen)-$20 (IMAX) or $7.50 or $10/hour
- A baseball game ticket (3 hours) in the crappiest bleachers costs $28 or $9.33/hour
- A Broadway play (2 hours) costs $100-$1000 depending on the play or $50 or $500/hour
- Even going to the zoo these day (let's just say you go all day 6 hours) even costs $31 or $5.17/hour

Gaming is probably one of the cheaper forms of entertainment, especially when you compare to other forms of entertainment on opening day on an hourly basis. After a few years and the prices of those games drop by 50-90%, then gaming is by far the cheapest form of entertainment by the hour.
Never 99 dollars for me, sorry. They sell millions of games. If someone wants to pay that to greedy companies, it's up to him.

Many of us know that it'll be $30 on sale in 6 months and maybe $20 in a year. So $99 seems nuts, but to many people who love these games that's not bad compared to some other expensive hobbies. I just bought FH4 a few weeks ago when it showed up on Steam so I'll be waiting for that $20 sale.

Many of us know that it'll be $30 on sale in 6 months and maybe $20 in a year. So $99 seems nuts, but to many people who love these games that's not bad compared to some other expensive hobbies. I just bought FH4 a few weeks ago when it showed up on Steam so I'll be waiting for that $20 sale.
Yeah, I mean I love these racing sims/arcade games (I am crazy enough to have an actual racing wheel, seat, physical shifter and e-brake in my living room) so I hop on early for these types of games since I know I will be spending 50-100 hours in the game, making the $99 not so crazy seeming, at least to me. Especially with this pandemic, I'm paying $99 to experience Mexico, which I don't dare to actually travel to right now. But I understand not everyone has my love for racing sims/arcade games.

Everyone has something they will pay more for to be a part of sooner than others who don't have such a passion for it, and so have no problem waiting for the price to come down. It just shows what you like and you believe is worth your time is my belief.

I'd rather pay 45 now enjoy it while it's still hot and my friends will play with and I'll have a better time with the VIP access and extra cars + expansions then once the game gets delisted due to copyrights in a few years (like 3 and others have) they'll give me the base game for free.

Paying 45 today and having the full experience while also ending up owning the game anyways is a great option to me.

If it was about money I'd just pirate it since it's cracked day 1 hut to me being an adult with limited time spending what amounts to a few maybe 2 hours work for the chance to spend 40+ hours hanging with my friends who I never get to see in real life (being adults with other responsibilities and needing to be home most of the time) it's a bargain and WAY CHEAPER than just 1 night out like we used to do.

Never 99 dollars for me, sorry. They sell millions of games. If someone wants to pay that to greedy companies, it's up to him.
You live in Russia your economy doesn't necessarily make the value the same so I get it for you the price should be lower like you said but where you talk about its okay to spend 25 for a game, to someone like me the same can apply to costs significantly more.

Back