TechSpot

Altec Lansing

By Bellafor20
Jul 29, 2004
  1. Ok, I have these old speakers from Altec Lansing, model ADA-305, now problem is i turn on my comp one day and i have no "Multimedia audio controler" driver, nor can I find one anywhere on the ungodly internet, so my bind is as is...please help. Not having speakers is like havin a comp with no keyboard...not working!
    Thx
    Bella

2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Welcome to TechSpot Forums

Which operating system do you have?

ADA-305 had drivers only for Win95/98. There is no audio management software for Win2k / XP. However, according to some sites, they work without USB, just no 'surround' effects then.

3. Bellafor20

Bellafor20 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have win XP professional, but now from reading your replys there is no hope, I will try what u guys said and ty for your help:grinthumb
    Thx Bella

4. coolerkid

coolerkid TS Rookie

you don't need the driver software

To countrol the surround sound features on these speakers just hold down the "center" button for a about 5 seconds, then the light will change from amber to a green color. Now, just press either center or surround and you can control their volumes.

I've had these speakers for 6 years and they still sound great.

5. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.