TechSpot

Amazon expected to expand grocery delivery service to San Francisco next week

By Shawn Knight
Dec 6, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. AmazonFresh, the ecommerce site’s budding grocery delivery service, may be expanding to San Francisco. In addition to a number of delivery truck sightings in the area and recent job postings, sources have told All Things D that the service is...

Read more

2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Guru Posts: 1,338   +493

I remember back in the 90s there was a company that did grocery delivery in my area. It was the single most convenient service I have ever experienced. Too bad Amazon Fresh doesn't serve metro Atlanta, they'd be a smash hit here.

3. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,664   +86

I've seen those in New England where I was living prior. Super Stop 'N Shop was doing it. But the fleet of trucks were always parked they never left the parking lot. So I guess this is only good for Northern CA.

4. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,088   +716

One of my neighbors gets their groceries delivered. I think it's called PeaPod. For how often I see the truck on my street, it must be a good deal.

Hey US Postal Service, here's a new business venture. Team up with Amazon and offer to deliver the groceries that people order from Amazon fresh.

5. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,924   +373

So its $300 a year-I wonder what the groceries cost on top of that. Are they cheaper than tradition grocery stores? much more expensive? about the same? Id assume about the same but you never know with amazon sometimes.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.