AMD accuses former employees of taking confidential files to Nvidia

By Jos
Jan 16, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. AMD is taking four ex-employees to court for allegedly stealing sensitive documents before jumping ship to work at competing graphics chip maker Nvidia. The number of files transferred exceeds 100,000, according to the company, and contain trade secret materials relating...

Read more
  2. Jbucko

Jbucko Newcomer, in training Posts: 33

AMD is in the news a lot lately....
  3. TechGamer

TechGamer TechSpot Booster Posts: 402   +31

Amd is always publicized as the company dont forget the fault is those people who are compromising Amds sales and plans
  4. Who "MAY" have compromised their sales plans. Innocent until proven guilty I believe. Although the evidence (if true) does seem rather damning at this stage.
  5. dosent sound like a guy who wanted to harm ADM to me ...
  6. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,699   +586

(ex-) AMD Business Manager uses Google to search for "how to copy and delete large numbers of documents" on company machines. About par for that particular course I'd say. And people wonder how AMD isn't more successful
    That would be AMD's Board of Directors ? ;)

Hey, at least its industrial espionage this time, and not just espionage
  7. Zeromus

Zeromus TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 230   +7

Hm, do they not use incognito mode??
    TypeR181 likes this.
  8. RH00D

RH00D TechSpot Booster Posts: 374   +73

I hope that post was sarcasm... Incognito won't stop anyone who knows what they're doing from seeing what you've done.
  9. veLa

veLa TechSpot Booster Posts: 436   +70

I love AMD. Everyone in the tech industry has abused them but I still enjoy using their chips. I still remember my first Athlon Thunderbird. I overclocked it to hell and back.
  10. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

Believe it or not this kind of chicanery happends more then most ppl realize. Many companies now require their employees to sign non disclosure paperwork when they are first hired. That way when/if someone spills the beans on what a previous employer does, then the previous employer can go after said ex employee legally. Not jailtime, but definatly a civil suit. The problem I see in this is that AMD has been in a slow decline. This seems more of a PR tactic then anything else. These individuals MAY have stolen materials propriatary to AMD, but without any real proof, such as video evidence or a eyewitness, its just speculation and possibly circumstancial. It could be as simple as someone getting distracted and not logging themselves out and someone else comes behind them and does the deed.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.