AMD chip owners to get 20% off GameFly's digital downloads

By Matthew
May 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. AMD and GameFly have announced a deal that promises discounted games for folks using AMD processors. Gamers with machines powered by "select" Athlon II, Phenom II, FX series and A...

Read the whole story
  2. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,937   +157

I had no clue they dealt with PC games. There main service is renting and well I do not see a pc game rent option. Yeah yeah cd keys etc, however they could make a cloud based application to let pc gamers rent games with some cooperation from gaming companies. Still good news since I own a AMD cpu the next time I buy a pc game I will swing buy there site.
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,531   +834

Saying liano is not geared to gamers is lame. No on in their right mind is going to buy a liano and want to play BF3 on ultra. Im quite happy with my LIano, it was my first laptop and i would not have bought any similar priced intel laptop at all. It plays BF3 at medium low, and anything short of $750 for a laptop is not going to do much better, except the A8 instead of my A6.

LIano is for BUDGET gamers, and it does its job on laptops quite well.
    im gonna enjoy this promotion, assuming my A6-3400M is a "select" chip included in the promotion.
  4. $15.95 to rent a computer game? Steam sales let you purchase the right to play as much as you want; often for less than $10. I got Deus Ex just a couple months after release for $14 off steam.