TechSpot

AMD Fusion platform: My Speculations

By Regenweald
Feb 25, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi All,

First thread in here. Looking forward to the AMD fusion platform and their APU's, I'm really hoping to see some innovation along the lines of using the power of the APU combined with their GPUs to really make a mammoth processing platform.

With DX11 components both in the CPU and on the PCI bus, do you think AMD will put the framework or at least introduce the beginnings of a of a truly unified platform ?
  2. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,823   +660

I think if they can keep the power draw within a reasonable envelope and they can execute the GPU function as well as they've done with the desktop SKU's then they should have a winning formula in relation to the Intel solution.
    An interesting interview with one of AMD's senior people regarding Llano here
  3. Regenweald

Regenweald Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 143

Thanks for the link, bookmarked that site. The first set of APU's don't look t be very muscle oriented (l2 cache only), I look forward to designs in '11 and '12.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.