AMD processor problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazer07

My old computer broke it was a packard bell i-xtreme 9025 with intel pentium processor and i still wanted to keep the old data from that computer so i removed the HDD and put it into the replacement Eltora digital with AMD sempron processor it went well for about 2 minutes then the computer played a strange sound and shut down so i decided to remove the HDD and try again but its still making the sound after a few minutes of being turnt on then shutting down. Any help/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

no i put a hard disk drive from an intel computer into an AMD computer i dont know if that would make a difference and now it makes that weird noise

I'm going to assume you didn't do a dumb thing and use it as a primary drive.

If the drive is making noises - that's a bad sign and probably the drive is or has failed.

Basically it could be that your hard drive is kaput if it making those strange sounds?

Yeah Thats right i think the Old hard drive has gone Bad. Try and get the data from the same and transfer it to your other PC.

thank you but its not the HDD drive making the noise and no its the slave drive but the noise was coming from the motherboard i think and it just restarts it does it randomly sometimes 2 mins someties 5 mins.

thank you for your help everyone but it was the system fan that had been unplugged somehow and the computer was over heating causing it to make a warning sound and shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back