AMD Radeon HD 6750, HD 6770 specification slide leaks

Emil

Staff

AMD's upcoming GPU refresh is looking mighty, if leaked numbers are any indication. A slide detailing two flavors of the upcoming 40nm Barts chip has leaked. The specification sheet first appeared on VR-Zone, revealing that the new HD 67x0 cards will be much speedier than their predecessors: faster clocks, more texture units, and more ROPs.

The HD 6750, codenamed Barts Pro, features 280 VLIW-4 shader clusters (1120SP), a TMU count of 56, a 725MHz clock speed, and a 1GHz memory speed. The HD 6770, codenamed Barts XT, features 320 clusters (meaning 1280SP, though previous leaks have suggested 960SP and 1120SP, so we're not holding our breath). It also has a ROP count of 32, a 256-bit memory bus, and a TMU count of 64. The core clock is a whopping 900MHz, making it the fastest stock speed of any discrete GPU, while the memory clock and thus bandwidth is at 134.4GB/s.

As you can see, the chart compares the specifications of the upcoming Radeon HD 6700 series to the previous Radeon HD 5700/5800 series. Expect more leaks as we get closer to product launch!

Permalink to story.

I'll wait for the cheaper and less power hungry version on 28nm, sometimes in spring.

I wonder if 6770 series are on a 256 bit interface, how wide would be on a 6870 chip.Also, if a 5770 cost is about 150 bucks, how much would be a 6770.

I wonder if they have a surprise...like being able to crossfire the 600 with the 5000 series?

red1776 said:
I wonder if they have a surprise...like being able to crossfire the 600 with the 5000 series?

But wouldn't that reduce the performance of the faster chip to that of the slower one. Like when you crossfire an HD 5870 and HD 5850 it only performs as two HD 5850 chips.

Thinking about using this web sites build sheet to build my own gaming CPU for World of Warcraft.The question is really how advanced do you need to be to do this? Looks pretty easy as long as I follow the build list.

People have talking about the memory bus with forever. AMD tried that in the R600 and it wasn't worth it. And ever gpu since then has gone without because they are not starved for memory bandwidth. I double we are going to see a 512bit memory bus anytime soon they will probably just prefer to go with faster DDR5 modules.

Adding a 512bit memory bus increased complexity, Heat and power consumption and its the opposite direction from where it looks like they are heading.

But wouldn't that reduce the performance of the faster chip to that of the slower one. Like when you crossfire an HD 5870 and HD 5850 it only performs as two HD 5850 chips.
To some extent that is true, however if you clock (in your example) the 5850 up to the 5870(particularly the memory) they will compliment each other nicely. When I was building in 08 quite a bit with 4830's and 4850's, I has some customers who purchased some low mileage 4830's % 4850's to crossfire in an effort to save a few bucks. I clocked up the 4830's to 4850 specs and they scaled very nicely in crossfire. I was looking at it as a marketing thing more than anything else though Princeton. with the advent of Lucid Hydra...which performs miserably thus far, I am guessing it would boost sales if that were an option, just a theory. :)

Interesting. Now to see what nVidia has under their sleeves. Are you going to fight back, or be tossed around like the unpopular kid in the playground :eek:

Not interested unless they come up with 32nm or 28nm process. Not willing to waste my precious power ;)

Nice! The power use by Radeon HD 6770 & 6750 much lower than their predecessors...

Nice! The power use by Radeon HD 6770 & 6750 much lower than their predecessors...
Don't bank on it. The 6000 series dies are rumoured to be around 10% larger, that and higher clocks and shader usage will ensure that there is a power usage bump over the 5000 series.
next generation will be dx 12?
No.

I knew the 6xxx series would be a beast despite recycling the 40nm process. Looks like from the chart 6xxx series will be twice as powerful as the 5xxx series. Hopefully I can another GTX 470 cheap now. ^^

heck yeah man i want the xfx xxx version of that baby already running the 5770xxx xfire (the second card was the last 1 that was imported into sa =D )

Back