AMD releases Catalyst 11.5 drivers, 11.5a hotfix

By Matthew
May 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. It's only been two weeks since the last official Catalyst update, but AMD has slipped out a fresh driver suite and hotfix today. Considering the brief window since Catalyst 11.4's…

Read the whole story
  2. Jurassic4096

Jurassic4096 Banned Posts: 158

New CAP's too.
  3. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

I'm all for bug fixes…
  4. PaulWuzHere

PaulWuzHere TechSpot Maniac Posts: 378

I'm glad to see AMD really putting time and effort into the driver support for the HD Series cards. I'm a long time ATI/AMD user and I've been very impressed with the improvements AMD has made to the software. Kudos
  5. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,917   +119 Staff Member

Am I the only one surprised not to see mentions of Crysis 2 bugfixes yet?
    I don't own a ATI card but there where lots of mentions of problems, especially with crossfire.
    And btw I'm not blaming ATI for not fixing it, for all I know it's up to Crytek (which is my point)
  6. I have been fighting AMD (ATI) blue screen crashes for the past six months, on mutiple computers. I finally got fed up with their buggy drivers and replaced all my ATI video cards with nVidia cards. End of blue screen crashes. Sorry ATI but your buggy drivers will never be haunting me again. It is really a shame because I use their processors all the time with good results. But can't say much for the video cards.
  7. bandit8623

bandit8623 Newcomer, in training Posts: 45

sounds like it wasnt a driver issue. should have rma'd the card.
  8. Seraphim401

Seraphim401 Newcomer, in training Posts: 28

I think that was fixed since 11.3.
    I use 2 HD 5770 in cf with no problems.
  9. Seraphim401

Seraphim401 Newcomer, in training Posts: 28

I think that was fixed since 11.3. (cap 3)
    I use 2 HD 5770 in cf with no problems.
    Sorry for double posting (forgot to quote).
  10. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,867   +74

Ther was a release,(11.2) maybe that addressed 'background flickering ' with quad CF. and a cap that 'improved performance'..ahem, but other that ..Nada.
    I think you are correct. the game is broken. It also heats up my GPU's unlike any other game.
  11. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

I actually get worse framerates in Crysis 2 than I did in the first game despite the fact that it looks worse. And I just came from a gtx 260 to an hd 5850 which also lowered my framerates despite the hd 5850 being a much better card. God damn games that favor a certain gpu company for some reason.

Oh and I love how everyone on techspot flamed me when I claimed it was an inferior game graphically when the demo came out. And now everybody is like "oh ya crysis 1 looked way better."

12. T77

T77 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 315

Yeah,it really irks when you see the tagline "the way its meant to be played-NVIDIA" on some games...
  13. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

All because Nvidia has more money to invest in these games. I've never seen an ati banner when I boot up a game.

I do give Nvidia credit though, CCC is **** compared to my old Nvidia control panel.
  14. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,783   +639

From memory I'd say that Shogun 2, F1 2010, DAO, Stalker:CoP all have an AMD splash screen, as will in all likelihood Deus Ex:Human Revolution. If AMD continue to step up to the plate then all good for the gaming community. Hopefully it doesn't go the way of it's predecessor GITG

Me too- but CCC is a lot better than it used to be...if you're a tweaker then I's suggest RadeonPro and/or ATI Tray tools - where there's a will, there's a way.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.