AMD Ryzen 5000 CPUs are back in stock at some European retailers

nanoguy

Staff member
In context: As the shortage of CPUs and GPUs continues, there are signs that things are improving in some regions when it comes to AMD's latest Ryzen 5000 series CPUs. According to reports, the company and its competitors can't find enough interposers to make its CPUs -- one critical part of chip packaging -- so the supply issues are expected to continue into the second half of this year.

AMD CEO Lisa Su held a press conference last week where she discussed some of the hottest topics regarding the company's future plans and her ambition to continue delivering generation after generation of competitive processors and graphics cards.

However, when asked about the persisting supply problems, Su explained the company expects them to last for several more months until supply chains recover and are able to cope with the demand. Ideally, they'd be solved just in time for the next round of CPU and GPU releases, but more importantly, the price should go down over time as production capacity increases and as AMD and its suppliers figure out how to go deal with US tariffs on electronics as well as increased shipping and freight costs.

In the case of the Ryzen 5000 series processors, it looks like you might be able to get your hands on one... if you happen to live in Europe.

According to Tweakers.net, some European retailers are currently receiving large shipments of the Ryzen 5 5600X, Ryzen 7 5800X, and the Ryzen 9 5950X. As for the Ryzen 9 5900X, it appears that AMD has been overwhelmed by demand for this particular model, so it will take some time before you'll be able to grab one. Prices are still higher than the MSRP, but at least they're improving in response to the growing stock.

On the flip side, it's possible to use your existing B450 motherboard whenever you get a hold of a Ryzen 5000 series CPU, as our own Steven Walton found virtually no performance difference when compared to using a newer B550 or X570 motherboard.

And if it's any consolation, SSD prices are expected to drop as much as 15 percent due to NAND flash oversupply, so be sure to check our roundup of the best consumer PCIe 4.0 SSDs.

Permalink to story.

*insert comment about paper launches*

I got a 5900x and 6800 Nitro+. If you live near a Microcenter you should be able to get any products. I showed up 10 mins before open and got in line on two occasions (about 30th for cpu and 38th for gpu) on the morning when they received their truck.

Microcenter reach about 20-100 RTX 3080's a week and about half as much for AMD cards.

CPU can run 5 to 40 at a time.

Microcenter receives their trucks twice a week.

I got a 5900x and 6800 Nitro+. If you live near a Microcenter you should be able to get any products. I showed up 10 mins before open and got in line on two occasions (about 30th for cpu and 38th for gpu) on the morning when they received their truck.

Microcenter reach about 20-100 RTX 3080's a week and about half as much for AMD cards.

CPU can run 5 to 40 at a time.

Microcenter receives their trucks twice a week.
I just got an 1800x with the parts bin discount so I'm not exactly concerned with having the latest gear.

Who cares? You replace Your CPU every 3-4years, especially now, that Intel gaming flagship got retarded by two cores @ higher price.
The question is, where is my $650 6800XT?

On eBay for $1200
Oooh, I'm sorry to cut Your wings, but I know It's on Ebay for $1200.
It was a rhetorical question to Lisa Su.
;-)
The fact that new CPUs finally show up at MSRP and GPUs are nowhere near, tells Me that new, expensive 5000 CPUs might not turned out to be so popular as expected? Maybe, just maybe, Their limited accesibility was a price gauging from the beginning?

Oooh, I'm sorry to cut Your wings, but I know It's on Ebay for $1200.
It was a rhetorical question to Lisa Su.
;-)
The fact that new CPUs finally show up at MSRP and GPUs are nowhere near, tells Me that new, expensive 5000 CPUs might not turned out to be so popular as expected? Maybe, just maybe, Their limited accesibility was a price gauging from the beginning?
So hear me out on this. If companies were charging scalper prices to prevent scalping then we'd all be paying scalper pricing anyway

I'm seeing some stock but prices way above MSRP.

I'll wait until everyone that likes giving the retailers extra money are done. I think Rocket lake S is expected around end of march so I may until then for a price correction then jump in.

A very old joke...

One politician says to the other - "You are lying!".
And the other one replies - "Yes, I am, but hear me out!"

I feel a lot of that is going on around here.

I'm currently seeing the following interesting situation...

AMD 5800x on sale for 560 euro (no 5900x available), and 3900x on sale for 499 euro. Since I am not a gamer, maybe I should just go for 3900x, and not wait for 5900x? Seems like not only it is cheaper, but on the whole better performing than 5800x, having 50% more cores.

So supply issues will be easing as Zen3+ is about ready. I want a 5800X but could live with a 5600X if more readily available. But then there's GPU.

Actually it looks like both Zen2 and Zen3 are coming back into stock slowly. My local retailer in Canada just got a big shipment of Ryzen 3600 and 3800x's in that must have been backlogged for a while (10+ across 10 stores), should see some updates on the 5600x's as well once they get through the reserve list.

Would really like to get off my H81/i5-4570 platform and onto something a bit newer

They‘ve actually been in stock for quite a while. They were really only gone for a week or two after launch and the reappeared (5600x and 5800x), albeit at ridiculous prices.

This is also getting better, but prices are still not where they should be. Even 3000 series are still too expensive.

Prices were best on the 5000 series‘ release day. Mindfactory had them for msrp, the 3600XT was 199, 3600 around 149 and the 3900x under 400.

For those with 1000 series Ryzen boards, going past 3000 just isn't worth it yet for most, rather save and wait for Zen 5 (DDR5).

So supply issues will be easing as Zen3+ is about ready. I want a 5800X but could live with a 5600X if more readily available. But then there's GPU.

I had a 5800X for a month and got rid of it, on a 360mm aio I was getting temperatures upto 85C..... Waiting for a 10850K to arrive now, if you want AMD get 5600X or 5900X as the 5800X seems to be the hottest out of all of them

I tried dozens of retailers in Australia yesterday and not one had stock of any cpu's or gpu's AMD or NVidia. Looks like the Southern Hemisphere is getting royally screwed.

So hear me out on this. If companies were charging scalper prices to prevent scalping then we'd all be paying scalper pricing anyway
AMAZON is Scalping us!!! AMD 6800XT in stock, yes, but HOW MUCH?!?!? £1600 that's how much Bezos is ripping us off!!

Back