AMD to deploy new "Vision" marketing campaign

By Matthew
Sep 10, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For tech enthusiasts, purchasing a new computer -- or even just a video card -- is a parade that model numbers and specifications can't rain on. However, for the typical folks who stroll into Best Buy or Wal-Mart and cart out a new PC, deciphering gigabytes from gigahertz can be a humbling experience.

Read the whole story
  2. Its funny to hear AMD saying that specs are not as important as real life functions. This is the same company that tried to dismiss Intel's first Quads as not being "true" quads because of their architecture. However, this is probably a good marketing campaign for them. I hope it works out and their market share increases. I mostly use AMD processors so I would hate to see them go out of business.
  3. mattfrompa

mattfrompa TechSpot Maniac Posts: 481   +8

AMD is a great company, and I love the 4870 card. Who else can you get a $100 quad core cpu from? This campaign seems to be a step up from Intel's star rating and brains, which as far as I know only applies to the processor. I'd like to see what kind of response Intel or Nvidia have for this.
  4. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,022   +87

Instead of "premium" they should have went with "professional". It's works just fine as it is, but consumers would also have windows using the same marketing scheme.
    Anyway, the way things are right now, if you don't know anything about hardware then it's almost impossible to tell which one is good enough for what you need.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.