AMD Trinity APU internal benchmark slides surface

By Jos
Nov 21, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. AMD's upcoming 'Trinity' APU is expected to swing into production as early as January 2012 and arrive in actual products somewhere around late Q1 and early Q2. Although details are…

Read the whole story
  2. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,705   +589

What a surprise...
    Good to see that AMD's Department of Spin has been largely unaffected by the employee layoffs.

A little hard to reconcile these supposed performance leaps when even staunch AMD cheerleaders are reporting that Apple have decided to boot AMD for Intel+Nvidia. I'd have to assume that Apple must be privy to the next generation of 32/28/22nm hardware to make that decision...both relative performance and availability
  3. Breech

Breech TechSpot Member Posts: 79

I remember that DBZ.......you certainly called it. I guess fusion IS the future for AMD, if they are going to have one at all.
  4. godrilla

godrilla Newcomer, in training

A15 vs APU vs ivybridge for windows 8 in 2012
    Apu powerful gpu
    Ivybridge powerful cpu
    Arm's A15 energy efficient at way less power usage and way cheaper!

All 3 will be dx11 compatible

2012 can't wait
  5. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,705   +589

Might be a little optimistic there champ
    Within reason.
    1. The CPU side needs to step it up if Trinity is going to make a move into "all-purpose" computing
    2. I don't think it's all plain sailing for Trinity. The recent articles stating that AMD's designs built for GloFo's 28nm have been trashed, and they are starting over with TSMC - different implementation means a ground up re-design.
    I'm not sure if firing Trinity's chief architect represents forward progress either:
    Assuredly....and of course having all the major OEM's on board now makes IB a success before it even enters the channel
    Cortex-A15 isn't likely to be a player until 2013.The A15 has only just taped out,
    Cortex-A15 has no graphics capability, and needs to be paired with a GPU such as Mali T-604
  6. Single-core CPU performance is all I care about.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.