TechSpot

AMD's Never Settle Forever plan lets GPU buyers select free games

By Scorpus
Aug 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. AMD has taken the wraps off a new Never Settle 'Forever' rewards program, giving customers a choice of what free games they want with their graphics card purchase. The new system allows considerably more freedom than AMD's previous plan, Never...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,932   +899

Is it just me or is this bundle less value than the older one? The ability to chose games you want is cool, but if they gave me 7 or so games, I would play each one to see if I like any new games that I never played before.
    misor likes this.
  3. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

Does the program cater to people who already bought the card? I bought my HD7950 last year. where's my coupon voucher.
  4. Puiu

Puiu TS Addict Posts: 1,049   +94

a bit less value, but I'm pretty sure it's because of BF4 which many will want when it launches.
  5. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 844   +218

90% of those games I got on Steam for $5 - $10, just picked up Dishonered on Steam for $9; but it is a nice gesture from AMD.
  6. JC713

I have feeling that with the 9000 series, AMD will increase the amount of games you get.
  7. JC713

During sales, yes.
    misor likes this.
  8. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,465   +622

The previous offer (Never Settle Level Up, which added Tomb Raider to the top tiers) was not compatible with your existing coupons. You needed to purchase after May. I missed out too. :(

But, we did get Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon for free, as an extra.
  9. misor

misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,010   +150

this article is interesting...it 'partially and officially' answers my query on this amd game bundle on another thread. :)

the unanswered part (officially): if the amd game bundle is bought in the u.s., can the games be redeemed somewhere else (like the Philippines) ?.
  10. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,465   +622

I don't believe there's any geo-blocking with this offer.
    misor likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.