TechSpot

AMD's upcoming 'Richland' APU clock speeds detailed

By Jos
Jan 29, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. With AMD's successor to Trinity already shipping to computer makers we’ve been hearing more and more details about the upcoming parts. Last week, Chinese website Expreview revealed the initial lineup for Richland on the desktop, and now VR-Zone is complementing...

Read more

2. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

I bet the A10-6800K will cost a pretty penny.

3. spencer

spencer TS Enthusiast Posts: 204   +22

I'm guessing at most it will cost no more than 135$ since other apus are fairly cheap 2

4. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,921   +565

5. ghasmanjr

6. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,940   +379

Not really, theyve always been pretty cheap.

7. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,306   +100

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about... google a little bit first, specially when posting replies on a tech site.

8. spencer

Ok people make mistakes we can calm down now.

9. spencer

The title says...a lot cheaper than sandy bridge. I really hope you were trolling, if not I'm sorry for you.
    +the article is about cpus not apus

10. ghasmanjr

The pricing is identical to the i5 series and the i3 series of Sandy Bridge. AMD never made anything that operated similarly to the i7 series. They may have made claims, but according to benchmarks the i7 2600k dominated that generation (not counting i7 performance series).

11. spencer

So your telling me I can pick up an 17 2600k for 110$. I wish you were right but sadly you are wrong.

12. ikesmasher

bulldozer FX cpus never really related to APUs in terms of pricing and reviews.

13. ghasmanjr

Back prior to its launch, Bulldozer was supposed to be the answer to Sandy Bridge. The article I posted a link to had this to say: "In all likelihood, though, AMD probably never intended to compete with Intel in terms of raw processing power". The benchmarks for Bulldozer were posted weeks prior to the prices being released. AMD saw what they failed to accomplish and priced the chips to sell instead of directly competing with Intel. The 2600k owned that generation. Now, it is the 3770k or the 3960k (if you can afford one). Next, who knows?

14. ikesmasher

I still fail to see how bulldozer is suddenly relevant to this article.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.