An observation about the edit post button.

Rik

Hi I just noticed that the edit post button comes up with " edit/delete message" when your mouse pointer is hovering over it. Seeing as we cannot delete our own posts I can see that this could lead to some confusion, what do you think??

That Edit button only shows in your OWN posts.
If your post happens to be the very last post in a thread, you can edit or delete it.
If your post is in the middle of a thread, you can only edit it.

What I mean is that it looks as if you can and delete a post no matter where it is in a thread although you can't. This picture quite clearly shows that it says edit/delete post and you can see that it is not at the end of that particular thread.
editdeletemessage.jpg

RealBlackStuff said:
That Edit button only shows in your OWN posts.
If your post happens to be the very last post in a thread, you can edit or delete it.
If your post is in the middle of a thread, you can only edit it.

Let me try that.

EDIT: Couldn't do it. Maybe I'm too ***** lol :p

edit2 by Mictlantecuhtli: I can do it :p

EDIT3: Because you're a mod lol :)

I'm pretty sure that must have been a mistake when the vBulletin Version was updated. Has there ever been an otion to be able to delete one's post?

cfitzarl said:
I'm pretty sure that must have been a mistake when the vBulletin Version was updated. Has there ever been an otion to be able to delete one's post?
possibly.. like in another forum that i regularly visit (although its a small community, so less upkeep) but like any sorts of permissions/login type of thing the delete function (and more) could be restricted to the higher beings of the forum ( = mods, admins etc) while the general users just need the basics to posts, and correct themselves where needed...

I think regular members (not just mods/admins) should have the option to delete the last post in a thread as long as it hasn't been responded to yet

:wave:

Back