TechSpot

An observation about the edit post button.

By Rik
Jan 14, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. Hi I just noticed that the edit post button comes up with " edit/delete message" when your mouse pointer is hovering over it. Seeing as we cannot delete our own posts I can see that this could lead to some confusion, what do you think??

2. N1Hawk

N1Hawk TS Rookie Posts: 222

I agree people will get confused

3. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

That Edit button only shows in your OWN posts.
    If your post happens to be the very last post in a thread, you can edit or delete it.
    If your post is in the middle of a thread, you can only edit it.

4. Rik

Rik Banned Topic Starter Posts: 3,814

What I mean is that it looks as if you can and delete a post no matter where it is in a thread although you can't. This picture quite clearly shows that it says edit/delete post and you can see that it is not at the end of that particular thread.
    [​IMG]

5. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

Let me try that.

EDIT: Couldn't do it. Maybe I'm too ***** lol :p

edit2 by Mictlantecuhtli: I can do it :p

EDIT3: Because you're a mod lol :)

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,704   +397

And here I was thinking you were going to say people have a hard time finding it.

7. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

I cant seem to delete my post

8. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,975   +9

I'm pretty sure that must have been a mistake when the vBulletin Version was updated. Has there ever been an otion to be able to delete one's post?

9. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

possibly.. like in another forum that i regularly visit (although its a small community, so less upkeep) but like any sorts of permissions/login type of thing the delete function (and more) could be restricted to the higher beings of the forum ( = mods, admins etc) while the general users just need the basics to posts, and correct themselves where needed...

10. KingCody

KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +8

I think regular members (not just mods/admins) should have the option to delete the last post in a thread as long as it hasn't been responded to yet

:wave: