TechSpot

An observation about the edit post button.

By Rik
Jan 14, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. Hi I just noticed that the edit post button comes up with " edit/delete message" when your mouse pointer is hovering over it. Seeing as we cannot delete our own posts I can see that this could lead to some confusion, what do you think??

2. N1Hawk

N1Hawk TS Rookie Posts: 248

I agree people will get confused

3. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

That Edit button only shows in your OWN posts.
    If your post happens to be the very last post in a thread, you can edit or delete it.
    If your post is in the middle of a thread, you can only edit it.

4. Rik

Rik Banned Topic Starter Posts: 4,985

What I mean is that it looks as if you can and delete a post no matter where it is in a thread although you can't. This picture quite clearly shows that it says edit/delete post and you can see that it is not at the end of that particular thread.
    [​IMG]

5. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

Let me try that.

EDIT: Couldn't do it. Maybe I'm too ***** lol :p

edit2 by Mictlantecuhtli: I can do it :p

EDIT3: Because you're a mod lol :)

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,696   +338

And here I was thinking you were going to say people have a hard time finding it.

7. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,851

I cant seem to delete my post

8. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

I'm pretty sure that must have been a mistake when the vBulletin Version was updated. Has there ever been an otion to be able to delete one's post?

9. N3051M

N3051M TS Rookie Posts: 2,800

possibly.. like in another forum that i regularly visit (although its a small community, so less upkeep) but like any sorts of permissions/login type of thing the delete function (and more) could be restricted to the higher beings of the forum ( = mods, admins etc) while the general users just need the basics to posts, and correct themselves where needed...

10. KingCody

KingCody TS Guru Posts: 1,568   +7

I think regular members (not just mods/admins) should have the option to delete the last post in a thread as long as it hasn't been responded to yet

:wave:

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.