Annoying 'Bad Image' error with every process or file loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware to remove some nasty nasty stuff from my Grandfather's computer and now I'm getting an error caused by a .dll that Malwarebyte's supposedly removed. Whatever program that is run I get a

"programname.exe - Bad Image

The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\clbdll.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

It seems as though everything my comp does tries to go through this clbdll.dll file. And now there isn't even one in my system32 folder!! I've attached logs from Malwarebytes', Combofix, and HJT. Let me know if you got anything please.

bump

anyone ever heard of this dll file? is some virus making all my files try to utilize this file to keep itself going? Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Hey, I'm getting a similar problem with a different situation. I removed some stuff with Symantec, and now it's complaining on every process executed that:

---------------------------
Programname.exe - Bad Image
W:\Windows\system32\pusopani.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
OK

Pusopani.dll was identified by Symantec earlier as an infected file so I removed and restarted it. However, when Symantec identified it, the file was in W:\Windows\sysWOW64, not in Windows\System32. Just like the poster above me, the file pusopani.dll does not exist in \System32.

Furthermore, googling for pusopani.dll gives NOTHING. I'm thinking that a virus creates randomly generated filenames? Anyone have any idea?

Did you ever solve your problem?
For others, I'm using 64 vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back