Another build!

killerclown96

Ok now i am building a PC for my Friend who is a hardcore PC Gamer but not a techie at all so he's paying me to do it for him. The only thin he knows is that he aims to spend no more then 1100 pounds and he would prefer 3 way-sli in the future because for his b-day next year he will be gettin a 30 inch 2560x1600 screen.He would also like to spend his money on the budjet platform p55 Due to not a lot of funds being avalibe to him. This is what i have picked out for him.

scan

Intel CPU i5 760 - 147
Antec 902 Nine Hundred Two - 90 (Is there a better case for the same price?)
Palit gtx 570 - 275
coolermaster 1000W - 120 (enough for future gtx 570s?)
Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE 22x - 14
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1.5TB - 50
ThermalTake Frio - 34 (any better cooling in the same price range)?
ASUS P7P55 Ws Supercomputer - 170
Corsair 4GB (2x2)GB - 50 or (8GBs of ram ?)
Hannspree HF257HP 160
total - around 1100 pound

So please any comments, help or suggestions would be appriciated and I would benfit greatly from them.
Thanks
Killer Clown
(I'll be away until 8pm GMT -0 [I live in england]so i wount be able to reply until then)

The 570 is basically the 480 with slightly improved clocks, I believe, and some fixing with the heat issues. It's also 1.5 times the price for a not particularly significant perfomance gain.

I'm a bit dubious about getting a £170 motherboard. Anything more than ~£100 on a motherboard seems a little bit overkill to me.

Intel CPU i5 760 - 147 or i7-950. (around 230)
Antec 902 Nine Hundred Two - 90 or Thermaltake V6 BlacX Edition. (around 62)
Palit gtx 570 - 275
coolermaster 1000W - 120 (enough for future gtx 570s?)
Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE 22x - 14
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1.5TB - 50
ThermalTake Frio - 34 (any better cooling in the same price range)?
ASUS P7P55 Ws Supercomputer - 170 or GigaByte GA-X58A-UD3R. (around 140)
Corsair 4GB (2x2)GB - 50 or (8GBs of ram ?)
Hannspree HF257HP 160
total - around 1110 pound ~ 1135 pound

Replaced item is bold. Do your uk google or whatever you do over there and check them out.

I'm not good calculating PSU for GPU's so I don't know if 1000 is fine or if more power is needed. Some person can step in on this and give their 2 cents. Also, I'm not familiar with Palit and would go EVGA on the GPU, but that's just because again, don't know Palit.

4GB will be fine, you should mention what speed your looking into. I'd go 8GB, but your on budget so stick with 4GB since it's fine and go down this road at a later time when wanting 8GB.

I'd say stick with your cooling however, if your not against water cooling with a simple install than I say CORSAIR CWCH50. Just check it out, check prices, and see if it's something you would go for. If not then your good with what you got.

Hanns monitors aren't the greatest in my opinion. Price to size, yeah awesome. Price to picture quality, not so much.

I got prices from amazon.co.uk

Anybody have something to say about my suggestion, opinions, or if I made some mistake then please say as I'm very tired at the moment and in a bit of a daze.

If you are still interested in the GTX 570 this SLI article from Guru 3D should interest you. With a 2560x1600 screen resolution on the way I would say check out the GTX 580, on SLI it's pretty awesome. However building around P55 doesn't make much sense to me.

ok what parts would you recommend if i were to build around the x58 platform in the 1100 budget and future compatibe with 3 way sli (Also has to include a monitor in the price)

That's the problem here, I don't know if that is possible with the average prices for you guys across the pond being higher. Trying an x58 build around 1100 budget with monitor (why can't he use is old one?) and I'm assuming OS that has a motherboard to 3way SLI on and a good video card to start with is a pretty daunting task. Is your friend dead-set on wanting to 3 way SLI? Is he ok with only SLIing, or maybe even looking at AMD's offerings? 2560x1600 is a taxing resolution especially on titles like Crysis / Metro fully maxed with top of the line hardware that's OCed if that's what he plans to run.

I'm with Relic - no way you'll get the best bang for the buck with 3-way SLI. I'd rethink that (2-way SLI being fine, of course).

Hmm, bearing in mind the requirements, I'd say this would be adequate:
Grand Total = ~£1130; all prices are VAT-inclusive and delivery is free on most items.

Back