TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Another IE spontaneous popup thread

By eijere ยท 5 replies
Jan 8, 2009
  1. hey guys,

My computer will randomly get popups in Internet Explorer no matter what browser I'm currently using to browse the web. I did a full system check with avast! antivirus and did another system check with SpyBot to no avail.

I've searched a lot of boards for a solution to my problem, (I've searched through my computer for malicious .dlls, various HijackThis bugs, etc) and I just can't solve it.

my hijackthis file can be found at www [dot] daggerblack [dot] com / hijackthis.txt (vbulletin won't let me post links yet)

Thanks so much. Any help is appreciated.

2. adweston

adweston Banned Posts: 242

Download and run combofix.

When that's finished, download, install and update Malwarebytes. After it's updated, do a full scan of your computer.

Upon completion, repost your logs.

3. eijere

eijere TS Rookie Topic Starter

hey, I did both things you asked, and the new log is re-uploaded at

www[]daggerblack[]com[/]hijackthis.txt

so far, I think the ads stopping showing now, but if you could take a look for anything still glaringly wrong..

thanks !

4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

5. eijere

eijere TS Rookie Topic Starter

hi Bobbye

I did what you asked. The attachment is with this thread. Thanks!

6. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

Your HijackThis log is clean- but that doesn't mean there is no malware. I referred you to this URL to run Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware, then rescan with HijackThis:

Virus and Malware Cleaning: Here.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.