Another IE spontaneous popup thread

By eijere
Jan 8, 2009
  1. hey guys,

My computer will randomly get popups in Internet Explorer no matter what browser I'm currently using to browse the web. I did a full system check with avast! antivirus and did another system check with SpyBot to no avail.

I've searched a lot of boards for a solution to my problem, (I've searched through my computer for malicious .dlls, various HijackThis bugs, etc) and I just can't solve it.

my hijackthis file can be found at www [dot] daggerblack [dot] com / hijackthis.txt (vbulletin won't let me post links yet)

Thanks so much. Any help is appreciated.
  2. adweston

adweston Banned Posts: 242

Download and run combofix.

When that's finished, download, install and update Malwarebytes. After it's updated, do a full scan of your computer.

Upon completion, repost your logs.
  3. eijere

eijere TS Rookie Topic Starter

hey, I did both things you asked, and the new log is re-uploaded at

so far, I think the ads stopping showing now, but if you could take a look for anything still glaringly wrong..

thanks !
  4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

5. eijere

eijere TS Rookie Topic Starter

hi Bobbye

I did what you asked. The attachment is with this thread. Thanks!
  6. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

Your HijackThis log is clean- but that doesn't mean there is no malware. I referred you to this URL to run Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware, then rescan with HijackThis:

Virus and Malware Cleaning: Here.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.