Mousing Moving, Volume Muting and DVD Drive Opening By Themselves

hynesy

Hi Everyone,
As you can see by the title I'm having a few strange issues. At random points during the day my mouse moves (and sometimes right clicks), system volume mutes itself and turns itself down and lastly the DVD drive randomly opens them immediately closes a couple times a day.

First thought was "Someone is playing a prank on me" because it's my work computer and has various shadowing/remote control tools on it like UltraVNC and Teamviewer however stopping these services did nothing. Then I thought it might be a virus or hacking tool, system runs Sophos anti-virus and the computer is behind a pretty powerful corporate firewall, nonetheless I ran MalwareBytes, HijackThis and Spybot Search & Destroy and they found nothing. I've also tried replacing the mouse and keyboard just in case but still nothing.

Is anyone able to help shed some light on these issues? Not particularly keen to reformat my work machine and put myself out of action for a few hours.

Cheers
David

Any updates on this?

Yup, turns out it was just a very good prank by my colleagues, they'd actually installed additional USB ports straight onto my mobo and had a bluetooth receiver in there. -_- I checked the outside for receivers straight up because I through it was a prank. I just didn't think to look inside my case.

Cheers

Back