Another Win32 Heur Virus

Solved
By ArsenalNo1
Mar 13, 2011
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

On a recent scan with AVG, I found one of my gaming files had the above virus. AVG moved the file to the Vault. I then scanned the whole system and found another couple of gaming files infected with the same virus (on a different drive and a different game), which it removed.

Since then, I tried to reinstall the game, which replaces the original infected file. When I do this and rescan, it always comes back as being infected still, even though it is a fresh version of the file, straight from the CD.

Please can you help?

Thanks.
  2. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 46,433   +252

3. ArsenalNo1

ArsenalNo1 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Hello,

Ok, I shall try this, thanks.

The game is FIFA 2000. The other game files it infected were some SWAT 3 update installers, which were stored on my D drive.

Out of Avast or Avira, is there any one that's notably better than the other?
  4. Broni

They're both good. Flip a coin :)
  5. Broni

BTW....another Arsenal fan here :)
  6. ArsenalNo1

ArsenalNo1 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

They are a good team to support!

I've done the scan and all looks ok.

Is there a particular reason why you don't recommend AVG as an option (other than this problem obviously)?
  7. Broni

You should be good to go.

AVG has been having so many different issues since ver. 8.0, that any list would be too long to post.

Good luck :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.