TechSpot

Anyone know about or how to fix error code 40 on an iPad?

By LadyhawkeX
Nov 28, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. My neighbour just called and wants me to help him fix his IPad... says it has a security alert error code 40 from trying to connect to some hotel internet connection. He says he needs to hook it up to a PC to fix it... I just spen almost 2 weeks on this site with Broni (malware fix god supreme!!!!) and I am not about to hook up anything to my newly restored computer unless it is harmless and I can help... I really do not understand why Apple would recommend using a PC to fix their device... sounds fishy to me!!! Anyone aware of this issue that can help... am I in the right forum for this? Thanks in advance for any help

:)
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,824   +163

3. LadyhawkeX

LadyhawkeX TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 60

Sorry for the delayed reply.... thanks for the link will check it out.. not much of an apple person so just trying to help a colleague
  4. sunmykim

sunmykim TS Rookie

This may indicate a hardware issue with your device. Follow Troubleshooting security software issues, and restore your device on a different known-good computer. If the errors persist on another computer, the device may need service.
  5. mariosarry

mariosarry TS Rookie

Error 40: This error may indicate a hardware issue with your device, but it is typically caused by out-of-date or incorrectly configured security software.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.