Anyone know about or how to fix error code 40 on an iPad?

LadyhawkeX

[FONT=Arial]My neighbour just called and wants me to help him fix his IPad... says it has a security alert error code 40 from trying to connect to some hotel internet connection. He says he needs to hook it up to a PC to fix it... I just spen almost 2 weeks on this site with Broni (malware fix god supreme!!!!) and I am not about to hook up anything to my newly restored computer unless it is harmless and I can help... I really do not understand why Apple would recommend using a PC to fix their device... sounds fishy to me!!! Anyone aware of this issue that can help... am I in the right forum for this? Thanks in advance for any help [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman] :) [/FONT]

Sorry for the delayed reply.... thanks for the link will check it out.. not much of an apple person so just trying to help a colleague

This may indicate a hardware issue with your device. Follow Troubleshooting security software issues, and restore your device on a different known-good computer. If the errors persist on another computer, the device may need service.

[FONT=Arial]My neighbour just called and wants me to help him fix his IPad... says it has a security alert error code 40 from trying to connect to some hotel internet connection. He says he needs to hook it up to a PC to fix it... I just spen almost 2 weeks on this site with Broni (malware fix god supreme!!!!) and I am not about to hook up anything to my newly restored computer unless it is harmless and I can help... I really do not understand why Apple would recommend using a PC to fix their device... sounds fishy to me!!! Anyone aware of this issue that can help... am I in the right forum for this? Thanks in advance for any help [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman] :) [/FONT]
Error 40: This error may indicate a hardware issue with your device, but it is typically caused by out-of-date or incorrectly configured security software.

Back