TechSpot

Apple claims Samsung violates Siri patents with Google Now

By Jesse
May 23, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple has added another complaint to its ongoing patent infringement lawsuit with Samsung, claiming that Google Now violates Siri patents. Florian Mueller of Foss Patents reports that in an amendment to its current court case, Apple says that Samsung infringed...

Read more
  2. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Addict Posts: 889   +171

This is not surprising considering it's Apple.
    ReederOnTheRun likes this.
  3. micahb

micahb TS Rookie

Here we go again!!
  4. Well if Samsung would stop copying Apple would stop suing...lol!!
  5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,937   +899

Samsung is definitely at a disadvantage since it is a Korean company battling an American company in American courts. Just because Google Now is better, it doesnt mean you have to sue.
  6. killeriii

killeriii TS Enthusiast Posts: 213   +14

How can the USPO keep granting these obviously vague patents?
  7. Here we go again....
  8. Kezhen Gao

Kezhen Gao TS Rookie

If you have to use words like 'universal' in your patent, it's probably way too vague.
    m4a4, Jesse and ReederOnTheRun like this.
  9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,025   +735

Seem as though Apple has found out that the consumer has finally realized their products are a ripoff and not so keen to buy them anymore so they do the next best thing to bolster their bottom line, suing the pants off their rivals. They make me sick.
    BlueDrake likes this.
  10. The U.S. patent system is a joke...
    wiyosaya likes this.
  11. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TS Booster Posts: 310   +62

If Apple devoted half as many resources to R&D as they do to patents and lawyers, they'd probably still have the better devices.
    wiyosaya likes this.

12. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,142   +241

Apple are like the patent system, abusive pathetic and should be shot down immediately its halting technology everyone is scared of creating something new and innovative because we have pathetic companies like apple with stupid patents.

If this goes on I will patent life and death so I can sue everyone in the world I mean heck if apple has these kind of patents who's to say me patenting life and death wont be accepted if they accepted apples patents they have no choice but to patent mine.
  13. No, they copied it after Speaktoit, which has been out as long as Siri. Or maybe Dragon? Siri was nothing new when Apple started pushing it. It was already old technology. Siri was a free app for two years before Apple put it in the 4S.

Apple is becoming more and more desperate as they lose control and market-share. This will go no where slow. It should go no where fast, but they will drag it out way longer then it needs to be.
    wiyosaya likes this.
  14. How is the word "Universal" even in a patent description. That's like saying I have a patent for "Universal mechanisms for moving humans in an urban ecosystem" then sue the car companies.
    wiyosaya likes this.
  15. jlatimer11

jlatimer11 TS Rookie

Apple: Innovation through litigation.
  16. Samsung: Innovation through duplication
  17. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,937   +899

Competition is needed in the world buddy.
  18. Joe Marmoe

Joe Marmoe TS Rookie

Using your eyes isn't an ?Universal interface for retrieval of information in a computer system.??? Everybody watch (!!!) out....
  19. Hum... now I understand the general hate from some countries towards the US.. I feel it towards apple... and if I feel it... thats a really really bad sign...
  20. Joe Marmoe

Joe Marmoe TS Rookie

Apple is a company that sells bad products with traces of new technology... they don't products, they sell dreams... for a lot of people nightmares... Apples's moto: how to turn stupid rich people taking their money and laughingn with it...
  21. Siddarth

Siddarth TS Rookie

Apple, SIRIously, what's your problem? Is it just money you are behind coz I do not see anything else in iPhones since its release, just the same casing with the Same "slide to unlock" and unchangeable themes.
    Every technology of yours including your infamous "Retina Display" have been overtaken, by phones that cost 1/4th of iPhones.
    Its time to grow up Apple, start developing and stop complaining.
  22. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,666   +879

Hey, "it just works". (And I mean that in the most sarcastic way possible)?
  23. dennis777

dennis777 TS Enthusiast Posts: 276   +29

US patent system is freaking broken. How can you patent a Search functionality?
  24. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,666   +879

Apple should have cloned Steve Jobs while it still had the chance!
    dennis777 likes this.
  25. MannerMauler

MannerMauler TS Member Posts: 24

Well, Did anyone think that they are doing this after jobs died

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.